Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apothem

Looking for maps of certain types...

Looking for wads that have maps that are structured like towns or dungeons. Doesn't really matter as far as quality. Anyone know some good wads to look at as far as these two things go? I need ideas.

I might do a dungeon for you this coming week,

Does it have to be big?

Is it for the RPG doom thing?

Yes, it's for the RPG engine. I'm still trying to collect a small set of maps to build a world map around. As far as map size goes, a medium size will do quite nicely. Make sure you have a set of quests or something planned out, if you don't it's alright, but it'd help if you can structure the dungeon around a couple of quests. I have a battle arena for you to theme your dungeon around. Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll talk to you over either AIM or MSN about it. Thanks sausage! =)

Apothem said:

Looking for wads that have maps that are structured like towns or dungeons. Doesn't really matter as far as quality. Anyone know some good wads to look at as far as these two things go? I need ideas.

heh

Too big, and it would take waaayyy too much extra work to get it revamped for use like a normal town. =( I suppose I should set a size limit or something.

The E2M5 map which I contributed to DarkHaven's X-DOOM project is somewhat dungeon-like.
However the mod is not released yet.
DarkHaven tells me that it's already finished but he doesn't currently have access to the computer on which it is being preserved, so he can't upload it yet.
I should be the first one to review the press-release anyways.
Hopefully you'll get to see it in around Spring 2006.

Rpg enigene, Rpg enigene!, sounds fun and probably will be if you dont fail, like i did with mine, now its just a BIG script lump without a map

You made an RPG? if you still have the script I'd like to see it. Also, I'm pretty sure that this won't fall through the cracks, as I've already got a base to work from, and I'm still getting a good bit of help as long as it's obvious I'm trying to work on it. So, this WILL get done, no matter what, and if anyone contributes, I will make sure it's not in vain.

if you credit me and ironskull its yours, i'll PM it and DONT post it anywhere, since its not just OpenSource, also, i need pretty good quality wad later on ^^, dont want to waste it, hehe no offence. The orginal script is for skulltag, so you have to change some stuff to make it zdoom compatiable, before i send it i will also confront with ironskull and check if its ok, cause he made almost like half of it. the script contains 5 parts,

Part 0 DECLARATIONS // Self explitionary

Part 1 MULTIPLAYER // Cooop and stuff

Part 2 MONSTERSPAWNING //Spawns monster around the world, and makes them stronger as you grow in level

Part 3 LEVELHANDLER // Handles levels and experiance, ive made around 60 levels...

Part 4 SHOPCODE // Code for shops and stuff like that

The script is 821 lines long, so its quite a script... Do you need it?

impClaw said:
The script is 821 lines long, so its quite a script... Do you need it?

It'd be nice to see it, I'd like to see if there's anything in there I might be able to use. And of course I'll give you credit if I use it ;) PM it to me whenever you get the chance.