Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

most played song

what is the most played song in your playlist? mine is
Where Is My Mind? - Pixies
i've played it over 332 times which is over 21 hours of listening to it (and thats just at home). why is it the most played song? i dunno, it loops well and its like you know you become addicted to new songs when you first get them? well i was never unaddicted.

I don't have a playlist, but I've probably heard the zelda theme/variations more than any other song

Well, the songs I play the most are:

Motorbreath - Metallica
Whiplash - Metallica
An Honest Mistake - The Bravery
Walk Away - Franz Ferdinand
Star Wars stuff

Probably Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light, although Ennio Morricone's Il Triello is giving it a run for it's money.

No playlist either, but apart from some of the ingame Doom musics, probably the most-played piece of music on my computer is ParisChateau_Music.umx (from Deus Ex). If not that, then something from Unreal or the Na Pali expansion pack.

velvet acid christ - we have to see we have to know - 145 times

wumpscut - is it you - 127 times

velvet acid christ - the dead (alive) - 104 times

I've been listening to "Hot Butter - Popcorn (Kraftwerk Remix)" while typing a paper tonight... dunno how many times it has looped so far. Thanks YTMND, I'm going to be dreaming about popcorn now.

Ralphis said:

I don't have a playlist, but I've probably heard the zelda theme/variations more than any other song

:D

I don't have it actually taken down what song that is played the most out of my playlist, and I am not sure which would be. :D

But I know that probably the midi commonly known from Dwango 5 Map 11 is the most played song dee-lee on here. :D Even after hearing it so many times it makes me feel so lively when it plays. :D

I don't have a lot of music on my computer, but the one song I tend to listen to a lot is Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King's version of Stormy Monday from their In Session CD.

I never save playlists - instead, I just add my entire MP3's directory (which currently clocks in at 2144 files). And sometimes I tend to just put a single track from that playlist on infinite repeat. Some victims of this:

Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar
Hideki Naganuma - Shape da Future (Jet Set Radio Future)
Children of the Monkey Machine - Maridia Drowned in Exile
Codename Eagle - Track no. 3
Castle of Dr. Brain - Jigsaw Room
TimeSplitters 2 - Siberia

I think the all-time high was when I played Shape da Future for nearly five hours straight. I probably wasn't in my normal frame of mind, though...I was in the zone, blasting away at zombies or blasting myself away in Minesweeper or something.

I never use playlists, but between my car and my computers, I'd say these are the top five played songs for me this year (in order of most to not-as-most):

-Gackt - Last Song
-VNV Nation - Epicentre
-Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood
-Iron Maiden - Aces High
-Front 242 - Headhunter v1.0

With the Gackt and Malice Mizer song, once I start listening to those, I usually put my player on repeat. One day I probably listened to Beast of Blood 20 times in a row.

I don't know my most played ever but recently I often play :

The Pillows - Funny Bunny
Myst 4 - Haven's full theme
Des-Row - Cobalt
F-Zero Arranged version - Dream Chaser
Baten Kaitos - The True Mirror
Baten Kaitos - Violent Storm

Vangelis' "Memories of Green" - 266 times.
[That's around 26 hours]

It's probably more than that, though. The media center doesn't count all the times I've restarted the song just before it ends.

I don't have a playlist, but the most played song is without question Breaking The Law by Judas Priest; I have a full MP3 of it for demoing, and it's set as my ringtone.

Song Title: Poison
Band: The Prodigy
Album: Music For The Jilted Generation

I've even embedded it onto my website's menu bar in the last update :D

WildWeasel said:

I never save playlists - instead, I just add my entire MP3's directory

Same here, man. But mine is still small. Only 387 tunes.

Lately mine is Reflections by From Autumn To Ashes.
Runners up would be House of Sacred Remains from Castlevania LoI and probably Brightone by Onoken.

Also, Wildweasel: where did you get Castle of Dr. Brain music? I love that game.

The silence between tracks is the most played; I've listened to it, probably, tens of thousands of times.

Megalyth said:

Also, Wildweasel: where did you get Castle of Dr. Brain music? I love that game.

If you go over to queststudios.com you'll find a few of their soundtracks in MP3 format, recorded from a Roland MT-32. My only issue with them is that they only play for one loop (which is barely 2 minutes) before fading out, but a little creative audio editing fixes this.

Fredrik said:

The silence between tracks is the most played; I've listened to it, probably, tens of thousands of times.

Oh man, I forgot 4'33". Yeah, that'd be my most played one, too.

I play these songs alot on my MP3 player:

Rockman Zero 4 Remastered Track: Physis - Esperanto
RMZ4:Physis - Caravan
RMZ4:Physis - Max Heat
Onimusha Blade Warrior - Fallen City
Janne Da Arc - Wild Fang

Comiclez said:

Europe - The Final Countdown

Hahahaha

I see no one has mentioned "Crawling" yet.

Most played has to be What is love by Haddaway. why, I have no clue. I just like the song.

Grazza said:

No playlist either, but apart from some of the ingame Doom musics, probably the most-played piece of music on my computer is ParisChateau_Music.umx (from Deus Ex). If not that, then something from Unreal or the Na Pali expansion pack.

heh you listen to deus ex music (and doom music) also. hooray!

Csonicgo said:

Most played has to be What is love by Haddaway. why, I have no clue. I just like the song.

and more Haddaway lovers!

Jesus and Mary Chain - Everything's Alright When You're Down
Beatles - Helter Skeler
GG Allin - Violence Now (Assassinate the President)
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
John Lennon - Mind Games
Velvet Acid Christ - Asphixia (wasted)

Currently my most often played mp3 is DJ GT - Voices of Summer CD2: Sunlight.

Previous most often playeds: Cosmic Gate live @ Trance Energy 2003, various other TE sets, Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun, Yoji Biomehanika live @ Clubbin'... and so on.

Gåte - Iselilja

It's some norwegian folk ballad (with the obligatory gory lyrics) in a seriously rocking arrangement with an awesome female vocalist in front.
Too bad the band has broke up as I hear.

Death in Vegas - Aisha

More or less just a single guitar riff with an old Iggy Pop mumbling on top. The guitar riff is not even especially intelligent or innovative, but it is somehow unexplainably really really awesome.