Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KwadDamyj

666 Feet Under!

Hello, everyone! I've been plugging away at things, lately, I figured that while I'm tinkering around with DooM stuff, I might as well post some info!

http://www.wadsinprogress.info/index.php?a=listwads&wad=684

I originally was going to make this WAD for vanilla DooM 2, but I figured that I could swap it over to ZDooM for the sake of a few nifty little features (such as transparencies and particle fountains).

So now I have an excuse to become familiar with ZDooM DooM in DooM format. =^P

Commentary and criticism would both be appreciated!

(And no, the chemical spill in screenshot 1 is NOT the one mentioned in the story. You'll see when/if I ever finish it. =^P)

Seasons beatings!
~KwadDamyj

And i still cant accses WIP... :-(
My ISP dosnt seem to route it, but i wont change ISP for just one site.

@Boris: If you read this, get another host ;)

Infinite Ammunition said:

why are the details blank?

The description or the IWAD/port info? Either way, my best guess is that it's because a moderator has not approved the WAD yet.

KwadDamyj said:

The description or the IWAD/port info? Either way, my best guess is that it's because a moderator has not approved the WAD yet.

Then why did you make a link that shows nothing about the wad?

caco_killer said:

Then why did you make a link that shows nothing about the wad?

Because I had no idea that the link would wonk up for everybody else. =^/

KwadDamyj said:

AFAIK, the wad's page is in red and it says that nobody else can see it. Also about it being broken, that used to happen to me untill I used the alternate site, but some people find that they both don't work.

If you have problems with WIP it's the routing. Try to trace-route to WIP, it will be lost somewhere in my ISP's net. Why it's like that I don't know, but since my internet's connection purpose is not to run servers, I doubt they'd do anything about it.

First Screenshot said:

Barrel + Crate.

=(

Seriously though, it's looking pretty nice. It seems that you finally mastered some of your previous dabblings and turned it into something at least a decent size. I look forward to seeing the finished product. =)

Thanks. =^D It's going to be at least a couple of levels longer. Admittedly what I'm doing isn't quite using ZDoom to its full potential, but I'm just sticking with what I know how to do at the moment.

As for my horrible StC, blame my fondness/preference for techbase maps. =^P With techbase maps, I can make them look like something. With Hell maps, they become weird exercises in "let's see what this altar is missing". Nonetheless, I like what I've been getting done on that one marble map (you probably know which one I speak of, DLD).