Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

Congestion 1024 demos [-complevel 9]

Grazza said:

... and you don't need to press the switch in the blue key room at all.

It needs to be pressed because otherwise the archvile doesn´t spawn, but I´ll try to get under 1:20, should be possible.

Anima: great map 05 run, the sargent had better not messed with that archvile :))

Just did a map32 UV -fast run. Time is 7:54. Not an easy UV -fast map at all. Could still be improved some I think.

Going to send to Ops now.

Lee: Really? I don't think so. I like this map and wanted to try this map too but haven't got it some serious tries (and I haven't invent yet how to take soul sphere, will perhaps have to open it in editor...)

Gusta said:

Lee: Really?

Yeah either I get stuck on the three pinkies or the archville takes an age. Map07 in 1:11 so far

Umm... did everyone forget about 1024? I can admit I kinda did, heh ;-)

Improved my 0:13 run of map 2 to 0:12. Damn hard work. 0:11 should be so hard you'd go insane attempting it. ;-)

So, map 2 UV speed in 0:12.

Enjoy!

Oh, and let's see some more action in this WAD, gentlemen...

OK I agree this wad need some more action on it so here is my pack of some maxdemos. I hope it will let other players to record more on this wad, things just need to go forward here.

Map02 - 0:57
Map03 - 1:29
Map09 - 2:08
Map15 - 2:01
Map18 - 0:49 (this beats Method almost 3 months old time)
Map19 - 3:04
Map20 - 2:22
Map23 - 3:01
Map25 - 2:46
Map26 - 6:26
Map28 - 2:32
Map29 - 5:45
Map31 - 3:55

All these demos were already sent to Opulent, I hope Method will also upload his old pack (maps 01, 04, 17, 18, 22) soon.

Some UV max times:
Me:
map07 - 0:58
map10 - 3:23
map12 - 2:32
map13 - 4:41
map14 - 3:29
map16 - 1:32
map24 - 4:24 (the filename is 2424-424, just luck, it wasn't my goal :)
map27 - 2:45
Method's older stuff:
map01 - 0:37 (already improved by Phil???)
map04 - 1:05
map17 - 2:05
map22 - 3:06
These demos will be sent to Doug, there are just 3 remaining maps to complete the UVmax table: map 11, 21 and 30.

heh

Gusta said:
if there is a fanclub for this map I will never join it[/B]

you missed the SSG

really? that means I have to look at the map once again, so sorry for my words:(
EDIT: Strange that nobody told this to me earlier.
EDIT2: Na ya ... I found it, it's not a secret sector, that's why I overlooked it. I will record a new demo.

That's great! Btw. Anima feel free to complete more of the demos or beat mine crappy times.
EDIT: Anima, there is a shortcut that you probably haven't used - direct jump for SSG/Mega from the start. I tried this route before a while and got rather poor exit in 3:49 after 20 mins of play or so, I guess it could go at least 30seconds faster, perhaps the time could be close to 3mins.

Gusta said:

That's great! Btw. Anima feel free to complete more of the demos or beat mine crappy times.
EDIT: Anima, there is a shortcut that you probably haven't used - direct jump for SSG/Mega from the start. I tried this route before a while and got rather poor exit in 3:49 after 20 mins of play or so, I guess it could go at least 30seconds faster, perhaps the time could be close to 3mins.

I'll check some of the other levels out when I'm satisfied with a map11 exit.

As for that shortcut...yup, I didn't use it. Never knew about it either. Best I've managed to get so far though is a rather sappy 4:22, so either I'm just having bad luck or my route isn't quite optimal. I'll try more tomorrow.

Gusta said:

really? that means I have to look at the map once again, so sorry for my words:(
EDIT: Strange that nobody told this to me earlier.
EDIT2: Na ya ... I found it, it's not a secret sector, that's why I overlooked it. I will record a new demo.

yeah i figured that thats why you missed it, was supposed to be a standard secret guess i just forgot to flag it. i think i added it in later on, when the revenant count was increased. originally the map only had imps in the cages and no hell knight on the stairs out of the blood. but being later on in the wad compilation lutrov wanted the map to be meaner.

Well Anima, I will send my demo to Doug or to directly to you, that shortcut makes the run quicker and easier. And that demo is crappy 1st exit, many missed shots and so on, will be easy to improve.
cycloid: heh I remember I had damn hard time while trying to get at least one exit without SSG, I guess the time with SSG will be at least 2 mins faster (not trivial though as there is still lack of armor)

Anima Zero said:

Did one of the undone UV-Maxes, map11, in 4:30. Will send to Ops now.

I notice you describe this as -complevel 5. I presume you intended it to be a Boom-format demo, but for the current version that needs -complevel 9.

The demo you recorded is actually a "vanilla-ish" demo. -complevel 5 is now Dosdoom .47, a compatibility level that is only really useful for playback, rather than recording. Assuming this is what you used, then it is quite fortunate both that the map works at all, and that the demo plays back with vanilla compat. If recorded in this way with the new version (2.2.6.29, due out soon), it would in fact have desynched (i.e. been Dosdoom-only), due to the new Dosdoom spechits emulation code. (An overflow occurs when you slam into the yellow bars.)

I sincerely hope the numerical complevels don't change again for a very long time.

Gusta said:

Well Anima, I will send my demo to Doug or to directly to you, that shortcut makes the run quicker and easier. And that demo is crappy 1st exit, many missed shots and so on, will be easy to improve.

Yeah, I'd like to see that demo of yours. Perhaps it will give me some ideas on how to improve my time.

Oh, and minor slip up there on the -complevel on my part. I switched it to -complevel 9 now, so no worries.

OK, Anima sent that to you, perhaps you will get new ideas from it and improve the route.

Gusta said:

OK, Anima sent that to you, perhaps you will get new ideas from it and improve the route.

Many thanks for that. Took some ideas from that run, added a small one to it (activating the lift before jumping down to get the RSK and SG).

Took me a good 1 1/2 hours to get a new UV-Max time of 3:40. Ok demo since the last 1/3rd of the run is ugly. Sub 3:30 should be possible, so I'll give it another whirl tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll send the 3:40 to Ops now.

Anima cool demo !!!I just tried it and i wonder how you could finish it..I care what was authors intention, maybe he wanted to show "How the maps shoudn't look"..

EDIT : Gusta told me it looks that i am kidding :) - I don't !It's really good demo..

Anima Zero said:

Took me a good 1 1/2 hours to get a new UV-Max time of 3:40.

BTW, this one is vanilla too (not Boom).

Gusta said:

Well map16 is a exception I started to think that 18 seconds is unbeatable :-)

Ha! Thanks for the glide tip :-) 2416p006.zip - an easy one and could be faster. And more of the same - Map15 Speed 2415p014.zip - a lot harder and so very untidy.