Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KwadDamyj

Embarrasing/silly things you've done in real-life related to the internet/games

^topic

I said "Lol" once under my breath. =^/

I also once quoted Starcraft incessantly and had a hillbilly accent after playing that game obsessively for about 2 weeks straight.

"Come agin, cap'n? I'm not readin' you clearly!" *shudder*

I tried to go a day of pretending to be in Broken Sword, I was like 10 or 11. I managed to collect a lot of cool stuff, which actually helped people but for the most part it's junk that has lined the bottom of my drawers for nine years. I didn't do it as boldly as this chap though.

I once took a scratch 'n' sniff website seriously, and started scratching the screen.

I also sometimes "strafe" in real life, but then everyone does that, don't they?

Registered a domain name based on an Engrish phrase from a video game, but I guess that's not real life is it?

Grazza said:

I also sometimes "strafe" in real life, but then everyone does that, don't they?

I know I do. I like to think the maneuvering I've learned in FPSes has increased my walking skills in real life.

I talk to my co-worker in internet lingo sometimes...so I can say bad things/swear in front of my boss and only my co-worker understands me. Heh.

Also, while playing YGO at one point, when I beat this kid everyone hates (some people call him Captain Lame), I said GGNORE as I shook his hand after the match. I've also said things such as "PWND!". Ah, good times.

I've done many other internet things as well...I just forget them.

Thanks to Red Vs Blue, I will sometimes say, "GG!" after a game of Street Fighter or Smash Bros. with the dudes at my college. =^(

I admit I was just trying to be silly at my own expense, but at some point I did a slow-motion dive in the middle of the halls at school, with a pair of finger-pistols. I can't remember who I was "shooting" at either - but I recall they gave me a funny look.

And sometimes when standing in the kitchen waiting for the microwave to finish, I catch myself fighting invisible ninjas with my mad street fighter skillz.

WildWeasel said:

And sometimes when standing in the kitchen waiting for the microwave to finish, I catch myself fighting invisible ninjas with my mad street fighter skillz.

Yea man, I do that too. Especially since there is a mirror over my microwave

Most of it is used yelling "HADOUKEN" though

When I was 9 and 10, I used to imitate DOOM's bipedal monsters in their unawakened/idle state...

Yes, I actually stood in a corner, and kept dragging my right foot back and forth, back and forth, at a steady rhythm. Just like a shotgun guy waiting for a door to be opened and waiting for someone to come into his view.
And then when somebody like my dad opened the door and came into the room, I would make a childish prepubescent growl and awaken.

Geez. I can't believe I actually confessed this.

-_DLD_- said:

It is clear that all the internet has done is augment autistic eccentricity.

I screem Quotes from the arfenhouse flash moive

saying acronyms and "heh"ing a lot

and quoting video games and internet memes.

examples of stuff I say:
o rly
ya ryl
stfu
heh
rofl (pronounced roofles or roe-full)
all your base are belong to us
pwnt
hax
uber
leet
hax0r

i'm usually being sarcastic though

Quoting Quake 3's announcer:
"You have taken the lead!" when someone betters someone else at something.

I've said to myself "you have taken the lead" while paying paintball.
Also, I've been making machine gun sounds while driving.
I remember once trying to get in line at the supermarket i had to move my cart between a lot of other carts and I kept singing the tetris song.

Maybe this is one of the worse: One time I was working on a very important paper on my laptop, it was about 4:30 in the morning, i was really tired. I tried to reach for my cup of coffee and I spilled all over the table. I started to hit Ctrl-z and couldn't figure out why the cup didn't return to its original position.

When I played Turok 8 years ago, I remember going outside and acting like I was in the game. There also that one time in Kindergarten when decided to try out Street Fighter moves on my sister.

I once tried to teach my four-year-old niece to start saying things like O RLY and YA RLY. I hate the phrases myself, but I thought it would be kinda silly to do.

I failed, however. She's still stuck on her "Whatchoo talkin' Willis" stage, I guess. And she continually sings "Strong Bad is a Bad Guy Bad Guy Bad Guy" all the time.

In between horrendous wailing as I fruitlessly attempt to stretch my vocal range, I like to quote Baldur's Gate...

"Killing is our fathers work - EMBRACE IT AS I HAVE"

Actually WW made me remember, one drunken night on the way to some shitty club I sang TROGDOR THE BURNINATOR every step of the way as loud as I could. I usually have to burst into some kind of song when I'm drunk but that day I'd been overdosed on Strongbad clips by someone I know. That probably rates as much more silly/embarassing but I was loving it :D. I'm sure several people would have quite happily stabbed me though...

In Middle School I asked a rather popular girl out and became the joke of the school. Someone even carved "-name- got rejected" into a bathroom stall.

I work in a local company called swiss farms and in the backroom are all of the gallons and half gallons of our teas/milks/etc. I constantly sing Tetris (or other game songs but usually Tetris) while moving the crates around because it IS 3d tetris. Once I finish a line on the shelf I can eliminate a stack of empty crates

The StC in your job must absolutely suck, Ralphis.

I'll probably end up saying something about that next time I'm asked to do anything involving a crate at home or at work.

I sometimes tend to not move my eyes once in a while and look around in basic left-right/up-down head movements...

And I say "owned" and "heh" quite a lot anymore.

I sometimes wish I had a HUD in my r/l FOV. =^(

I've contemplated trying to recreate my apartment in ZDooM (since IIRC it has fake floor-over-floor).

I've pondered what resolution reality runs at.

I can never, EVER hear the word "camping" without Red vs Blue quotes and images of Quake coming to mind.

me and my friends have taken on many of the Pure Pwnage characters' manerisms...

"laaaaaawl"
"rofflmow"
"BOOM HEADSHOT"
and of course the casual "n00b"

I don't remember anything notable except for something recently when someone in my senior design group exclaimed "p-owned" for some reason that I forgot. I responded with the Strong Bad version "Puh-owned, er however you say it" and I believe he got the reference... some brief insight into our net lives.

Another incident, though it isn't mine, occurred many years ago in my high school physics class. Before class began, the nerdiest kid in that particular class went to the side chalk board and wrote those immortal words "all your base are belong to us." When questioned about it, he went to that room's computer and loaded up the flash movie for the kids to see. I felt embarrassed for him, for some reason, though maybe I just never expected to have an actual AYB encounter. I was already tired of the fad by that point.