Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

Cigarette prices in your country

Just curious.
Here in Germany we have:
Cheap brands: 3,50 Euro (big box, 25 coffinnails)
West (and the others): 4,20 Euro (big box, 25 coffinnails)

I have paid 1,30 for 20 cigarettes in Spain, but they seem to have increased to 2 Euro per box.

What do you pay for them?

$4 to as high as $8 depending on where and what time of day here in Chicago. You may find < $4 but it's usually a cheaper brand and/or limited time sale.

You will recieve very little change from a $5 bill for a purchase of cigarettes here, probably about $.20.

About $43 a carton for full brands here (lol) you may as well smoke crack (price wise) i stopped smoking at $1.40 a pack, then went into making my own with one of those roller kits and bulk (can) tobacco witch broke the price down to less than a buck a pack again. did that for a year or two and just got sick of it. the price of that too was going up but is still cheaper than buying by the pack.

holy shit, tobacco is cheap outside Norway :|
I pay $10 for a pack of 20 cigarettes or $23 for a 1.8 oz bag of rolling tobacco

I have no idea how much a pack of cigs costs over here.

TheDarkArchon said:
Unless you set the price personally, you don't win since you had bugger all to do with it.

Well, maybe he meant the "cancer race."

Over here they seem to cost about as much as Alboroto said, or less (maybe 65 cents, the cheapest.) Nontheless in 3rd world countries people earn much less, and even if they don't earn 1/5 as much or so, they still have much less to spend on extra stuff beyond what you really need (food and lodging), so all in all it's not so cheap anyway.

The government here is trying to arrange higher cig prices somehow, though, to decrease consumption. Smoking is socially pretty costly; people spend their money and degrade their health on something which is quickly consumed and no investment at all.

Bucket said:

I can drive to Delaware and stock up on generics: five cartons for $100.

For real, who wants to buy them in PA?

Alboroto said:

I am the winner.

.75 US dollars for 10
$1.50 for 20

$25 dollars for a pound of weed. (I just checked the price)

And it's through you that I get back at all those poser-stoner Doomworld members who tried to dispute with me that $130 isn't a ridiculous price for an 'eighth' of pot!

I think that makes it Coopersville: 3, Doomworld: 10.

Oh, um. I think it averages like $8 CAN. for a pack here.

here in new york city cigs go for anywhere between $6.20 to $7.25. mayors giuliani and bloomberg and governor pataki raised the taxes on them. there is also a smoking ban in bars and eating establishments in the city.

Alboroto said:

I am the winner.

.75 US dollars for 10
$1.50 for 20

$25 dollars for a pound of weed. (I just checked the price)

Okay I could believe the cigarettes but that was kind of a stretch. But 25 dollars for a pound of weed? You are either full of shit, or you are buying stems and seeds.

Baronofhell. I live in Ecuador. A semi third world country where gringos come to have a lot of fun.

And really, weed around here can be bought at that price. I KNOW it sounds like i'm full of shit, but it's true. What it's also true is that you won't be getting a pound of pure weed. So, you gpt a point there Imp.

average 5 euros a pack in france (20 cigs). I roll my cigs myself tho. Costs something like 6.5 euros (tobacco + paper) and lasts far longer than a standard pack (I'd say it's equivalent to 3.5 packs actually). Of course, our so friendly to our health government will raise taxes.
This "raising the price for your health" policy is getting on my nerves.