Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

DOOM³ Spidermastermind (sprites!)

I'm editing sprites to make the Spidermastermind for DOOM 2.5 (for these who don't know about it, a mod that aims to recreate the DOOM³ experience in DOOM 2). So far this is what I have, I'd like to ask if someone of you uber skilled artist can resize it in a way that would look good in game (not very pixelated, and not very blury). And of course whatever addition you feel motivated to do, you don't need to ask.

Here the sprites.
http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/213/mastermind5eq.gif

Looks like an oversized trite. If it was gonna be the spider mastermind you would have to redraw the whole thing, IMO. Spider mastermind is huge and has long-ass legs.

That being said it does look pretty ...

Edit: It's a rip from Powerslave? Sad.

It's a monster fron Powerslave, I resized it and looks pretty cool near a former human. With the proper sounds, and some more editing (adding the weapon, and probably something else) I'm sure that it would be a decent recreation of the mastermind.

Yeah, what I ask is to resize it, I know (believe) that there are utilities that that resize better than PSP.

Is it just me, or does that only have 6 legs? It's also a little small, and could use some work, but it's a pretty nice start! Certainly better than anything I could make.

Ah yes...the Spiders to have 6 legs...but they also have 2 piddly tiny arms. They need to somehow have 8 appendages, or else they will not be arachnids.

I don't think these sprites do the Spider Mastermind justice. It's your call, but, personally, I'd find or make something else.

MmM said:

I don't think these sprites do the Spider Mastermind justice. It's your call, but, personally, I'd find or make something else.

Because they're stolen. Editing? My ass. These things were probably taken from a public source, had the credits removed, and were possibly recoloured or resized. They look nothing like the Spider Mastermind, they just look like a spider, because that's exactally what they are.

-_DLD_- said:

Ah yes...the Spiders to have 6 legs...but they also have 2 piddly tiny arms. They need to somehow have 8 appendages, or else they will not be arachnids.

The original Spider Mastermind has four legs, but it's stil called a spider by the game. I'd say it's ok for him to bend the rules.

Darkman 4 said:

The original Spider Mastermind has four legs, but it's stil called a spider by the game. I'd say it's ok for him to bend the rules.

True. The fact that the legs she did have were so huge and those little Hutt/t-rex arms kind of made up for the missing appendage set.

NeoWorm said:

Modified Powerslave Tarantula that I posted to you isn´t it?

The same. How are these sprites you were working on? I'm particulary interesed in the Bone Lord.