Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Aeon Flux

I just saw this movie (dunno how old it is, but I only heard of it today a few hours before I went to see it), and it was extremely good.

I highly reccomend it to anyone who likes Sci Fi.

Basically, it's a story that takes place over 400 years in the future after 99% of the human race was wiped out by a virus around 2015 (heh, original...not), but after that recycled start, the plot just takes off. The plot was extremely well-done and unpredictible, but not at all hard to follow.

If you've got an urge to see a movie and Aeon Flux is still playing in your area, you should give it a spin, or at least watch it when it comes out on DVD.

-_DLD_- said:

Basically, it's a story that...

rofl, I don't really remember a story (or a coherant one...or I didnt't pay attention) with the cartoon. Just lots of blood and assorted weird shit.

Ah, I obviously didn't know that.

The movie did have an excellent plot. It's one of the best movies I've seen this year.

I saw this movie not too long ago and thought it was pretty cool, unlike some of the reviews it was getting. The story seemed pretty easy to follow for me (I've only seen clips of the cartoon...probably about one minute total), and was also very well written. Sort of puts some interesting ideas out there.

Plus the action was pretty good.

My only question is...would this be considered a "cyberpunk" film?

Did Aeon and Trevor have that unhealthy lust wanting releationship in the movies plot like the animation? Characters that love to hate.

As for reviewers sawing story is hard to follow. Hell, only about 10% of the story was told in the cartoon and the rest you just had to interpret yourself I guess.

In a way, yes. Aeon doesn't know who Trevor is until about halfway through the movie, and most of the time they spend together is running like shit trying to achieve their goals (such as saving the lab, destroying that huge floating thingey, etc).

Technician said:

Ah good. One more question. Is Trevor still the unquestioned dictator of the other side.

It ends as soon as they destroy the huge floating thing, and after Trevor's brother dies, though not in that order, so I'm assuming that Trevor and Aeon live happily ever after until the end of their days.

And I take it you didn't like the movie, Andrew?

I don't know if I like how they used the characters. Mabey I'll wait and rent it. Untile then I just bought Buck Rogers in the 25th century to entertain me.

I am glad we ran out of movie ideas that we have to bring in a third rate cartoon. Whats next making a live action movie for the smurfs.

I love the cartoons and I actually liked the movie although they changed some things.

The cartoon Aeon Flux isn't just weird...it's weird with a purpose. Very philosophical and explores a variety of themes. A thinking man's cartoon.