Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fraggle

newbie flood?

I noticed there are a lot of newbies around recently. Not that I have anything against newbies, but I'm curious to know the reason for the sudden influx :). Sephiroth may also want to do his standard preemptive "dont use doom95" speech for their benefit :)

Half of them are the same guy who keeps getting banned and reregistering :P

Well, I am one of your "newbies", I am not a newbie to doom though. Been playing since '94 and editing since '97 or so. Never released anything yet. But I will actually release a megawad (huh?) sometimes next week, maybe tuesday or so...

It's not a standard megawad, just some (very) small maps with fun themes. I did Map01-11 this afternoon, that gives you an idea how small the maps are. Oh well, enough rambling from me.

Half of them are the same guy who keeps getting banned and reregistering :P

What do you mean? That Tmansdc is the only person who's recently been banned! I don't see anyone else who has been banned since then!

I noticed there are a lot of newbies around recently. Not that I have anything against newbies, but I'm curious to know the reason for the sudden influx :). Sephiroth may also want to do his standard preemptive "dont use doom95" speech for their benefit :)

Hey Fraggle, what board do you moderate? To my knowledge, the only moderator for the General board is Lüt. But, I'm only going from the forum select page.

I think this sudden newbie influx is the result of Collector's DOOM being released recently, along with GBA Doom.

Me, I'm waiting for Doom 3, even though I'm nowhere near the capabilities for it. Can't for the movie to come out either; maybe it's already done, and just won't be released until Doom 3 comes out (maybe next year?).

I think this sudden newbie influx is the result of Collector's DOOM being released recently, along with GBA Doom.

Me, I'm waiting for Doom 3, even though I'm nowhere near the capabilities for it. Can't for the movie to come out either; maybe it's already done, and just won't be released until Doom 3 comes out (maybe next year?).

Hey Crendowing, there's a Doom movie coming out? When?

Hey Crendowing, there's a Doom movie coming out? When?

At this point, it has just been a rumor for at least 3 years. Some of the more hardcore Doom veterans would know where to find a documentation of the rumors online (I have it saved on my HD).

*serious tone* Hes not a mod...its a bug...got it...?

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ME!!!!

Heh.

ok you asked. dont use doom95.exe, it is a horrible buggy mess and it taste like crap. use doom(2).exe and or a port instead

ok you asked. dont use doom95.exe, it is a horrible buggy mess and it taste like crap. use doom(2).exe and or a port instead

Doom 95 ain't that bad, but there's definitely better ports out there.

Using Doom95 is roughly akin to having someone with a degenerative nerve disease use twelve razor-sharp knitting needles heated to approximately 1200 degrees Kelvin to clean out your eye sockets.

Clear enough?

DC

Yeah, I've noticed it too. There's plenty of them in DooM3. So far so good, though, so I'm not complaining.

I may look like a noobie......but I been here for a long time, I just don't post often.

and bbg is the exact opposite. :P

I may look like a noobie......but I been here for a long time, I just don't post often.

and bbg is the exact opposite. :P

Does that include me too? =þ

*serious tone* Hes not a mod...its a bug...got it...?

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ME!!!!

Heh.

YOU FAIL IT

Losing...will to...live...cannot...use...articles...oxygen level...dropping...

DC

Running...out...of...ellipsis...characters...must...use...periods...
oh...no...running...out..,of,,,periods,,,and,,,am,,,stuck,,,with,,,
commas,,,damn,,,cheapass,,,punctuation,,,company,,,

Damnit, Lütarooni, stop breaking my lines in logical places.

NO.