Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nimrod

whats your fav doom I/II level?

For some reason my favorite Doom map of all time is Doom2 Map02. It introduced the SSG and is just a damn fun level as well.

DOOM1: E4M2 perfect hatred (good name, feels like a quest)
DOOM2: MAP12 the factory (I like its facade similarity with commie factories we have here)

Definently map28 while running t7d.wad. Really puts your skills to the test as far as being able to pistol start at least.

Doom: e1m2 by far. Nuclear Plant, in my mind, is the quintessential Doom level - a deceptively large map with sound architectural design and excellent lighting. It's also deceptively difficult - even though the toughest monsters are sargents and imps - they can really do a number in dark areas and cramped quarters. Only knock I have is that it's really not very reminiscent of a nuke facility. But there's no feeling like getting that chainsaw for the very first time.

Doom 2: map09. I think it's that musical track (IMHO the best track in the official Doom series) that does it for me.

Doom: Pretty much all the episodes, with E2 and 3 being my favorites. Slough of Despair and Mount Erebus ftw. :D

Doom II: Again, I like most of this, but my absolute favorites are Map 02 - 11, 14 - 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 and 29.

TNT and Plutonia: Haven't play it often enough to remember all of the levels, but again, most of it is good, although TNT does have its low points and average maps here and there, while Plutonia can be brutal if you're not up to snuff.