Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dittohead

I Have A Singularity Complex

Not to be confused with an inferiority complex, Jan Van der Veken sent in word that Classic Episode 2: The Singularity Complex has been finished and released. Classic Episode 2 is a 9 level set replacement for Ultimate Doom from e1m1 to e1m9, following in the footsteps of the original Classic Episode. You can find more information about the project here, or simply click here for the instant gratification download.

A lot of textures seem to be missing, leaving me with GZDoom's checkerboard pattern all over the place.

Cynical said:

A lot of textures seem to be missing

It's for Ultimate Doom, not Doom2. You need to choose doom.wad as the iwad.

Grazza said:

It's for Ultimate Doom, not Doom2. You need to choose doom.wad as the iwad.

Ah, thanks.

I have to say this is one of the better classic-themed map packs I've seen in a while. There is a on of e1 "feel" with elements from all of the original maps portrayed in new ways that doesn't feel ripped off. Job well done.

Classic Feel? Check
Great Gameplay? Check
Flows Perfectly? Check
Awesomeness? 5 Stars

Great set man, gotta give you props for that. Nice use of a vanilla hub btw.

If I had one complaint it is that doing the maps from pistol starts often resulted in having to kill imps and demons with nothing but a pistol. But as far as E1/E2-style maps go you won't find much better than this. Maps 5 and 7 in particular were superb.

RjY said:

If I had one complaint it is that doing the maps from pistol starts often resulted in having to kill imps and demons with nothing but a pistol.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't that the point of a pistol start?