Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

sorry for the double post, but i have a question...

wtf happened to this project? It's stucked? And to DLD...

you've received my map? What to do you think about it?

Actually, I was about to ask about the progress. My map is done, and I think a couple others are close to being finished, but I don't know about the rest.

Sorry I haven't stayed up to date with this project, but I haven't touched my map in weeks. I'll be getting to work on it pretty soon and once I do, I hope to churn it out fairly quickly.

Oops, i forgot about this!
I have done the baron map,
And i am about to do my shotgunners map (after i finished my 3rd 1024 entry ;) )
And, i have a little map slot with ringmans name on it....
The cacodemon map!
As i cant be arsed, He can have it.

- Sausage -

I apologize for my laziness. Let's see what's been recived so far:

2 Maps from Dutch.
Ichor's Map.
Daimonreloaded's map.

That's what I have on my hard disk/inbox.

If I get 2 maps from Sausage, Use's map, Liberation's map, the map from
Lutarez...and if I get off my stupid lazy ass and finish my 2 maps...then we'll have 11 whole maps, almost a third of the megawad!

Sweet.

As for my map status:

Shooting Gallery (Chaingunner) - WIP.
Icon of Ouch (Map30) - Not even started.

Remember that the deadline is November 1st of this year.

I should get started on putting what maps I have together in the main wadfile (I finally fixed the fucked texture patch) tomorrow.

Again, I'm sorry for my lack of activity as of late on this topic.

my map is progressing slowly, the base layout is spot on, just needs details, though i'm not 100% sure what to do at one point. it's on the back burner whilst i do some work on my megawad, very pleased with it though. the maps that practically build themselves in a flash seem to be the most satisfying :-)

Are any slots left available? I'd love to do a map for this project.

This might be a bit premature but what are we going to do for beta testing and choosing which maps go where??

The reason i bring this up is because my map has only got the shotgun and chaingun on normal settings and just a chainsaw (lol) and no ammo on UV, so it would make sense to put it as a early map...

Once I get more maps and I get off my lazy ass, I'll start assigning them slots based on difficulty, size, and thing placement.

Once we're nearly done, we can like, pass the megawad on to testers and such.

Hey I remember there being an animate lump for BOOM or something....

Anyone have an example or something, or a Link to an existing one?

I need this because I just want to add a porper lava fall in my map... Or should I just scroll a Lava texture? Up to you guys :)

If any one would like to see my map, just say so, and I can post what I have so far.

Macro11_1 said:
If any one would like to see my map, just say so, and I can post what I have so far. [/B]

I want to see your work, just for take alook to other maps of this project...

Macro11_1 said:

http://www.freewebs.com/macro11_1/mylevels.htm

Warning its a freewebs account :P

That looks pretty sweet. Makes my map look like it's from '95 by comparison. My only complaint is the dark room with all the chaingunners hiding in it. Seemed kind of cheap that I couldn't see them until they opened fire on me. I ended up getting wasted in that section three times before I got through it, but that could just be because I suck.

Macro's map it's pretty darm cute...

Yes also my map looks somenthing comes out from 94/96...

For the lava falls... use DBRAINx Texture! Almost for the lava stairs... when you're inside the cavern anyway maps it's ok!

Well, I have fuigured out a solution to my problem.

There is a way to compile extra animations VIA the "ANIMATED.LMP"

http://legacywiki.net/index.php/Boom_predefined_lumps#ANIMATED_format
For the Compiler
IN the Archives go themes/TeamTNT/boom/editutil.zip

DASWANI.DAT is actually like a .txt file, just ADD what you want to it and compile. If you get rid of whats in there, then doom2 annimated textures will stop working.

*Shrug* All I want is the floor tile on the wall to scroll downwards. :)

Glad you guys like my map so far, I just have to fix a few things, most notibly the switch lowering the bars to the rocketlauncher needs an example near by so you know whats happening when you hit that. :P Any one else have something to show so far?

I just signed on to doom world for the first time in about 6 or so months, and saw this. I saw the listings for people's maps on page 1 and thought there were more spots open, so i requested one. Then i looked throught the posts more throughly, and saw that on page three there was another listing, and that everything was taken.

So, ya.

and have a great day!

OmegaJ4 said:

When i first played this. I thought you'd broken the idea of the project because i could hear Zombie's.

But it is a cool map

Thanks...

What do you hear zombies? Anyway the zombie sound is used for the mancubus action sound...

SS-Bowen said:

I just signed on to doom world for the first time in about 6 or so months, and saw this. I saw the listings for people's maps on page 1 and thought there were more spots open, so i requested one. Then i looked throught the posts more throughly, and saw that on page three there was another listing, and that everything was taken.

So, ya.

and have a great day!

ah ok... thanks also to you!

I have my map about uhhh 35-40% populated

Hope to be done soon! then i can get some testing and feed back. :D