Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

Liberation said:

That sounds a good ideal, between us we can iron out the bugs in your post a few pages back, im busy with my MOT course for the rest of the week but after that i will be starting to go through the bug list.

If you're not ready to work on it yet, I don't know if it might be more effective to try passing off the WAD. Maybe I get it, then pass it off to sausage, and then back to you. Each of us could take a quick pass at all the levels. After three of us, I think it would probably be looking pretty good.

Well, I'll see what you and sausage think.

EDIT: I assume everyone is okay with us messing around with their maps a little.

Im fine with my maps being messed about, oh, and RoneKyakone, d'you use MSN Messenger? [if so, please Email or PM Me.]

I use AIM. I just tried to create an MSN account through Trillian... but is it requiring me to register a HotMail account to do so?

Heres how i'd like it to work, EVERY MAP IS ALLOWED TO BE EDITED, unless you post here asking not to have it fixed up.

Sound okay with all of you?

My maps shouldn't have any problems. All the bugs were dealt with a while ago. The only problems are minor compatibility issues in the Icon of Sin map, such as some ports causing the crusing ceiling in one room to behave a little differently than in other ports. It doesn't affect gameplay though.

I'll have some time this weekend, so I might tinker with a few maps, especially that spectre map.

I'm curious about my map. Namely, is having that "floating skull rock" act like a switch too obscure? That can be changed if desired.

I don't think it's a huge issue, though it did have me confused for a minute. I would say it doesn't need to be changed, unless other people had more trouble with it.

Well... I would like to help with the Co-Op stuff... (are those "bugs? no, I dont think so, unless you really want to go so far as to say that the project aims for co-op and singleplayer, THEN certain things are bugs imo)

But I will also help with bug testing (bugs that render a map unplayable or break the engine "Ie HOM, segfault, ect...) if you would all like me to.

Also, (no need to get mad or any heated discussions) but what about quality controll? Like getting certain requirements met? ie all difficulty levels set up, determining wheather or not to do maps from a pistole start or a Megawad progression, or even making the health and armor more varied; IE, replace a stim pack with 10 potions scattered around... (makes it funner to collect the potions).

Just some ideas I had kicking around...

^_^ I just want to see the polish on this project

Alterworldruler, from what i know, nothign has happened as of yet, but we will hopefully start soon (I really hope)

Macro11_1, I haven't a clue about Co-op support, i forgot if we are doing this or not, also, would you want to joint the bug fixing team?

This spectre map has been a bit of a pain to fix, but I think I'm almost done with it. Too bad that other one (that Blood one) was never finished. I had thought about finishing it if there was still time.

Ichor said:

This spectre map has been a bit of a pain to fix, but I think I'm almost done with it. Too bad that other one (that Blood one) was never finished. I had thought about finishing it if there was still time.

Mmm.. okay. I'm very curious to see the final product...

And for me is ok if you fix my n00b maps (ehe)...

daimonreloaded said:

Mmm.. okay. I'm very curious to see the final product...

And for me is ok if you fix my n00b maps (ehe)...

Oh, I haven't done anything with it yet, assuming I even get to it. I'm still working on the first spectre map.

sausage said:

Macro11_1, I haven't a clue about Co-op support, i forgot if we are doing this or not, also, would you want to joint the bug fixing team?

Co-Op support... please? :3
And yeah, I guess Ill help bug test' :F

Ok bug fixers just use the beta atm, i have final version of one god and the specter map, ill sort mine out and a couple more which ill chose in a day or so.

Make sure you say what map your going to edit so we dont have 2 or poeple working on the same map.

Alright, guys. My internet connection has been dead since Thursday night. Did I miss anything?

What maps still need to be worked on?

Hey there, I havnt tested any maps yet, ill do that tomorrow. But! your asking for numbers here, and I havnt seen any responses?! whats up?

I guess Ill start, Ill take map 1-5? :P

And just to iron it out, we are looking for what exactily? Can some one clarify that once and for all? because Im just stupid that way.

:)

I'm finished with map...11 is it? That spectre map, and I might look over some of the later maps later today. I'm also working on finishing that other spectre map (the Blood one), but there's no need to wait for that. If I don't finish it in time, I'll just release it separately.

By the way, is that lost soul map (not the pain elemental one) going to be in the megawad, and wasn't there a Wolfenstein map too?

sorry everyone ive just got of a course that ive been doing for the last 4 days so i get back to you 2mos.

And yes those 2 maps will be in.

is it already possible to give an overall overview of the project's progress? I'm really looking forward to this wad :D

Ichor said:
By the way, is that lost soul map (not the pain elemental one) going to be in the megawad, and wasn't there a Wolfenstein map too? [/B]

I don't known about a lost soul map, but the wolf map exist! Is the one done from dutch devil, isn't?

daimonreloaded said:

I don't known about a lost soul map, but the wolf map exist! Is the one done from dutch devil, isn't?

It was the most recent one. It has nothing but lost souls in it. It also had a nasty bug in it that prevented the floors from lowering in Boom, but I fixed it (still don't know why it happened).

Sorry for the double post, but i want to notice you can i work on a updated versions of MAP09 and MAP16, annd this last one is alreday finished.

Yes i talk of map16....