Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

Yeah ive not yet put any monsters into it, I was thinking about do those last.
About the moving doortraks yes I know I designed them that way, maybe it will not be in the finished map.

What about the size of the map should I make this an big map, its probably going to be one of the first maps people play (slot 1 or 2)
So I think keeping the map small will be better.

dutch devil said:

What about the size of the map should I make this an big map, its probably going to be one of the first maps people play (slot 1 or 2)
So I think keeping the map small will be better.

That sounds like a good idea. Tradition I guess. In some projects, a couple of maps after 20 seem to do the same thing. I guess I'll try and not make mine too big too, but what does that say about Jimi's archvile map that's listed before mine?

Speaking of which, I think it would help some of us out if we know how easy or difficult the map before ours is to get an idea how to set ours up.

Well there aren't any map slots assigned to the maps, only the special maps have those.
So it all depends on how hard and big your map is going to be I guess.

dutch devil said:

Well there aren't any map slots assigned to the maps, only the special maps have those.
So it all depends on how hard and big your map is going to be I guess.

I guess I wasn't too smart in thinking that a text version of goatse was alright, but I'm back now.

DD is correct on the matter.

I don't care where maps are listed (unless your map is a special map), just make the best map you can and I'll sort them according to length/theme/difficulty when I have all 32 maps to work with to give the wad some consistancy and flow ("community" wads often seem to lack these extremely important qualities).

Forgive me for my absence.

Yay, DLD Is back.

i have named my cacodemon map - "I Cacked Up"
Just wondering if this is ok?

This map is coming on well and ill show some screenies soon.
Just to say it is Kinda difficult so around map 18 i think ( Close quarter cacodemon fights and high quantities of caco's )

- sausage -

p.s - I have made tha "Cacodemon conveyor Belt"

My map is progressing, it's over 1000 linedefs atm. It's going to be tight and packed with hordes of revenants coming at you. There will be no easy time here, UV will be a real battle for survival. Theme will be Stone-Brick type with some occasional hellish areas as well.

I'd definitely like to contribute to this map, but I fail at mapping. I'll see if I can get something together, though. I'll probably use Hell Knights.

It is good there are people still starting to map, i remember when i couldnt do a door, Just 2 sector maps and tons of deaf monsters.
i used to think i was good and i look at myself now...

Can you do anything like doors or lifts or switches ect, if not i shall help you Kochipahk

Why? You may ask...

Because i didnt like it much when i wasnt too good.

- sausage -

I can make a door and switch, that easy enough to figure out.

My problem comes from getting everything textured properly. When creating the general outline of your map, should you start with the sectors or the linedefs?

'Cause Doombuilder likes to have put linedefs as part of sectors I don't want them to be a part of, and it's tough to change that. I also have trouble with multiple elevations.

Kochipahk, if you want to submit a map for the project, please make it Barons and not Hell Knights...we already have two HK maps and only one Baron map, soooo...

I'll add you to the list in the mean time.

If you want to. I can't guarantee I'll have a map out, but I'll definitely try.

Besides, this is due out this coming November, right?

And yeah. I'll make it a Baron map, I suppose.

Good to have you on the team, but the problem you were saying about i sometimes get. i just undo stuff and redo it. but that doesnt always work.

- sausage -

p.s Both of my maps are finished, are there any monsters left that i can do? These are for say map05 and map10 (sorta)

Updated.

We're alllll full up now, so no new solts are available unless somebody drops.

Let's get to work (I should really get back to mapping...I'm such a lazy bastard)!

Here's a screen of the map so far:

As I said earlier, it's going rather slow. I'm proccupied with other things at the moment, most of it being college-related. I'm not planning on making it a large map though.

ill make a couple of screenshots soon, but not now,

Tha manubus map is kinda hard to make, mainly because of the mancubus's firing range and large size.

Name: MancuBlood
Sorta map#: Whatever has the Hell sky so about 25 or something.

I'm going to take my time with my map. The good summer weather has kept me away from my computer alot. But eventually it will be done.

Homer - Understandable. You have been removed from the project.

We now have a Baron slot available.

pcorf - Fair enough. The due date is November 1st 2006, so we all have plenty of time (has to stop procrastinating with mapping).

Can I exchange my Mancubus map for the Baron one as mancubus only Maps are Really hard to make and keep working well :(

whereas i like barons of hell and they arent too big :D

So, if i can have the Good old barons i will be Very happy to map for it, As i have already gotten better at doing detail as well :D

- sausage -

KingofFlames said:

dibs on map30

monster: Imp(and other varients ;) )

Map30 is already taken. Imps are also already taken. And there are no other varients of imps (not ones that are allowed, anyway.)