Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malevolent

Doom for GBA

FF5 fucking ruled, but I liked 6 (3) better.

BOF2 was pretty good.

`Ryu thinks about the food
`Ryu vomits

No punctuation whatsoever in that whole damn game, wuz there?

`Ryu thinks about the food
`Ryu vomits

No punctuation whatsoever in that whole damn game, wuz there?

Now that you mention it...No there was not!
I remember there was a guy named Poo. He was one of the guys who needed a house, like the guy that lived in the bathroom. Too bad Poo wasn't the guy in the bathroom...tee-hee.

Nintendo was awesome until the evil Goldeneye ruined it all. To think that Rare, the same people to make Battletoads, Donkey Kong Country, and Killer Instinct, made that piece of shit. That began Nintendo's downfall. The only good games for the N64 after that crap are the Zelda games.

It seems that making the Game Boy Advance was the best thing Nintendo has done in a while, since the SNES. We'll see what the Gamecube is like. Can't be any worse than the PS2.

GBA... that reminds me, the MIDI on the GBA reminds me of how the MIDI sounded like on the MSX. After playing Doom and Castlevania COTM I swear I could hear Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake's awesome music come thru those GBA speakers.

Do you hear me Konami? Give us deserving North American people Metal Gear 2! Not bringing that game (and Dracula X) overseas is evil! Give us Metal Gear 2! Give us Dracula X! (please?...)

Maybe I'll install that MSX emulator.

footman:

nice sig. i had that in my sig too. but they stopped those annoying gary coleman adds about a month ago. don't know why they started the thing up again... sigh.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Nintendo was awesome until the evil Goldeneye ruined it all. To think that Rare, the same people to make Battletoads, Donkey Kong Country, and Killer Instinct, made that piece of junk. That began Nintendo's downfall. The only good games for the N64 after that crap are the Zelda games.

What are you TALKING ABOUT? It was the evil SONY that ruined everything. Those dirty *bleep*s! It's killed off the Saturn, the N64, the Dreamcast,... what's next?

[edit] And Goldeneye owned... for a console FPS, anyway. And I'd love to hear how Goldeneye 'ruined' the N64. I'm assuming that Goldeneye 'ruined' the N64 because it was in the TOP 10 SELLING GAMES FOR MONTHS. Probably the best-selling N64 game ever made.

psx=awesome
ps2=crap

the saturn and dreamcast were awesome. the reason why they died is sega's nasty habit of dropping a system 2 years out.

but you can't blame the terrible n64 on sony though. the n64 sucks dogshit.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Also, the N64 never got the decent 3rd-party support it needed.... Final Fantasy 7 was originally going to be on the N64! I read it in an OOOLLLD issue of EGM which was giving a preview on the 'Ultra 64'. (Name's changed, obviously.) Doom 64 was also in the previews... they were hoping to deathmatch in it, too....

footman:

nice sig. i had that in my sig too. but they stopped those annoying gary coleman adds about a month ago. don't know why they started the thing up again... sigh.

Funny. It seems like that's the only ad that loads up now. *COUGH* *WHEEZE*

Anyway... I'm wondering about the sounds in GBA Doom. Which ones did they use? The classic ones or the new refit ones?

Funny. It seems like that's the only ad that loads up now. *COUGH* *WHEEZE*

That add pisses me off. There is one cool add in there, though...the one for SFBC. Join it, its great.

Whoever controls Arrakis, controlls the spice. Whoever controls the spice, controls the universe...
The spice extends life, the spice extens consiousness...

Anywaste, Dune: House Atradies is pretty damn good. I reccomend it. I want to get my hands on House Harkonnen and House Corrino, to see how the story turns out.

Anyway... I'm wondering about the sounds in GBA Doom. Which ones did they use? The classic ones or the new refit ones?

They use the original PC ones. The only sounds missing is the soul sphere/invisibility/berserk pickup sound is replaced with the regular pickup sound, and the demon dying sound is replaced by the lower imp dying sound. The sounds are excellent quality and sound excellent. Far surpasses the music, that's for sure!

psx=awesome
ps2=crap.

That's said.
But I'm curious to see "Metal Gear II" and "Resident Evil" running on PS2 after all...

CRAP ! I definitly love this word ! It sounds great !!!

They use the original PC ones. The only sounds missing is the soul sphere/invisibility/berserk pickup sound is replaced with the regular pickup sound, and the demon dying sound is replaced by the lower imp dying sound. The sounds are excellent quality and sound excellent. Far surpasses the music, that's for sure!

So it's basically just like the SNES version.

I swear, the way these newbies (ralphis/BBG included) talk about me

Don't cry. I have news for you! I'm starting a new band called Pie. We are gonna walk around and talk about pants and little japanese girls. I'm assuming you will listen to us since you like humor and originality.

Don't cry. I have news for you! I'm starting a new band called Pie. We are gonna walk around and talk about pants and little japanese girls.

Riiight.

IMHO, there hasn't been a truly good, epic RPG since the SNES died out. 'Course, I was always too cheap to buy a next-gen system, but on the other hand, I could recite the script to FF7 based on hype alone.

Who here has played Final Fantasy 5 or Seiken Densetsu 3 on an emulator? Those were both really, really good games. I don't know which dumbass marketing rep decided not to release those games state-side, but he screwed all the SNES/Square faithful over.

Of late, I've been thinking that you could turn the Doom source code into a workable "classic" console RPG. You'd have to tear out and re-work the control portion of the code, but you could salvage the graphics and mapping engines. No worries about graphics, so you could put effort into making the gameplay as good as possible.

This is what I think about RPG cinematics.

psx=awesome
ps2=crap.

That's said.
But I'm curious to see "Metal Gear II" and "Resident Evil" running on PS2 after all...

CRAP ! I definitly love this word ! It sounds great !!!

The PSX had a LOT of advantages over the Saturn even though it only had half of the ram. If the PSX had the full four megs LIKE ALL OF IT'S COMPETITORS IT WOULD'VE BEEN THREE TIMES BETTER, but Sony is a bunch of cheap cocksuckers.

The PS2 only has 4 megs of video memory. Thats for textures and framebuffers and shit. Four measly ass megs. Even the Dreamcast has 8, and it has texture compression too. Fucking RETARDED. The PS2s two main flaws are that it is SLOW AS FUCK AT LOADING and needs AT LEAST four times as much video memory to really tap it's full potential as a gaming console.

Metal Gear II might be good on the PS2 but Resident Evil Code Veronica X looks like FUCKING SHIT. That damn FSAA/Motion Blur effect is on CONSTANTLY, and it looks just like the Dreamcast one when I'm drunk and have my glasses off. Fucking PATHETIC.

Even Silent Hill 2 suffers because of Sony's blaring fuckup. Of course, the stupidity of the puzzles they drop you right in hurts it 10 times worse.

The clock is locked? You can't touch the hands 'cuz you need a KEY? YOU FUCKING RETARD YOU'RE TRAPPED IN AN APARTMENT COMPLEX WITH DERRANGED PUSSY MONSTERS EVERYWHERE AND YOU'RE LOOKING FOR YOUR DEAD WIFE THAT JUST CONTACTED YOU. BREAK THE FUCKING GLASS WITH YOUR GUN OR THAT 2x4 WITH A NAIL IN IT OR YOUR BOOT OR SOMETHING YOU FUCKING SHITHEAD!!!!!!

Not really. The sounds on the SNES sounded crappy IMO. And unlike the SNES version, there are actually seperate sounds for an enemy being around. The GBA version blows the SNES area away in every part but music. The music could've been much better. They remixed the tracks, shortened them, etc. It's no fault of the GBA, that's for sure. I've heard much better music on other games.

Not really. The sounds on the SNES sounded crappy IMO. And unlike the SNES version, there are actually seperate sounds for an enemy being around. The GBA version blows the SNES area away in every part but music. The music could've been much better. They remixed the tracks, shortened them, etc. It's no fault of the GBA, that's for sure. I've heard much better music on other games.

sure it isn't a fault of the GBA? unless David A. Palmer productions is lame enuf to think 90% of the people don't care about music in their vid games, why wouldnt they work harder? besides, having to deal with the 3d engine which already taxes the engine like it aint no thang, good Ãœber-quality music would probably have slowed it down like somebody's biotch...

The only Japanese RPGs I care for are:
Final Fantasy 4,5, and 6
Chronotrigger
Breath of Fire 2 (retarded translation makes it funnier)
Note: all are on the SNES.

hmm...let me tell j00, Illusion of Gaia 0wnez j00
yeah Breath of Fire 2 is great. so is Secret of Evermore.
ever play Dragon's View? it's the sequel to Drakkhen but it owns Drakkhen. Drakkhen wasn't great but it had a unique feel so it was interesting and/or cool.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

For crying out loud, it's Metal Gear SOLID 2! If you can't say that, say MGS 2. THIS is Metal Gear 2! Get a MSX emulator, first.

Secret of Mana is good. i have the SPC's of it. i love that music where you fly the dragoon over the world map and the sunset is always ahead. it was 3 players too so that owns. maybe me and you and danarchist or deadnail will play it online on zsnes in 3 player mode some day, you know, when there's global fiber optic networking?
i played secret of mana 2 / seiken densetsu 3 a couple of weeks ago with a friend. we were sad to find it was only a 2 player game, so i didn't get to put all of my sidewinder controllers to use.

For crying out loud, it's Metal Gear SOLID 2! If you can't say that, say MGS 2. THIS is Metal Gear 2! Get a MSX emulator, first.

I WAS talking about Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I beat it a few times already. Metal Gear Solid is basically a rip off of MG2SS with 3D. Heck, they even have the temperature changing keys in MG2 first! The only new additions weapon wise are Nikita missiles.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I WAS talking about Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I beat it a few times already. Metal Gear Solid is basically a rip off of MG2SS with 3D. Heck, they even have the temperature changing keys in MG2 first! The only new additions weapon wise are Nikita missiles.

Well, Metal Gear in 3D is an improvement, not saying that the original Metal Gears aren't good.