Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drift2cyber

Doom(3) Online

Should Id software make a online doom game?
I think Yes they should.

Well what I think should be in this is... The game should have the same graphics. And same controls. You use the xbox headset (it might be on 360 instead) to talk to your allies within your group. This game should be a mix with Doom 3 and Everquest. So the game don't need a ending to it. It should always has a new mission for your character. It should be a massive online game with many areas to explore. Beginners will go through a training course which at the end, they are accepted into the UAC. You have about 8(+) classes to choose for form being a scientist to a marine. And different races like white, black, spanish, or even a demon from hell. You gain access to rooms/level within UAC on mars(only if your human). There should be a safe zone for your character. And there should be a medic center for healing. You should be able to turn in a zombie if you die. And be refide from the dead be your fellow mate(or if your character was to die a clone was made of him. but still your zombie wonder around the darkest place). The game I am talking about should be a great experience you go through within the world of doom.

So do you think the should make a Online Doom Game?

That would lag as hell, and why to make another multiplayer game when you have Quake 3. The gaming world needs more single player games, and lesser (far lesser) system requirments.
And yeah you lost my interest once you mentioned xbox and that other game.

Vegeta said:

and lesser (far lesser) system requirments.

Not everybody has a shitty computer.

He lost my interest when he mentioned the everquest combined with doom3, wtf.

Gibaholic said:

Not everybody wants to update the computer every year. Some people thinks that some gaming companies (like id Software) have buisness with the hardware companies and develop their games in such a way that customers must update the hardware. I'm sure that most modern games could be done with lesser requirments (look at that game that has Unreal like graphics and use 96kb only in hard disk space, I'm sure that not to that extreme, but in a similar way, the other hardware components could be apreciated much more), also I don't find the need of gimmicks and such, personaly I prefer Hexen over Heretic II, and DOOM over DOOM³.

You didn't said that, but no, I don't have a shitty computer, I can run RTCW very well, modern games are what make my comp outdated.

They didn't abandon it, they moved to Quake4.

Vegeta: nice little paranoia rant there. These games that use very little hd space, are also much slower than Doom3 ever been. Because they use other resources from the computer to accomplish their graphical edge. And contrary to what people seem to believe, Doom3 is a quite fast engine. While the lithtech engine used in FEAR on the other hand, is not only inferior to the Doom3 engine over all. But also alot slower. If, it had been as you suggest, then how come no independant developers, like Aardappel for instance made any 3d engines that are superior to Doom3 in looks, features and speed?

And sure, there's people who doesn't want to upgrade more than once every few years. But you gotta remember that there's also people who want more and better graphics and features. Just because some of you don't have new computers, doesn't mean that every other person should play older games.

And since you obviously doesn't appreciate Doom3, then what are you doing looking over the Doom3 forums? So you can be grumpy about how your computer sucks by todays standards? Or didn't you realize that the people that generally post in the Doom3 forums, actually like Doom3?

Many things to answer, I take the simpler, the fact that I like DOOM over DOOM³ doesn't mean I don't like DOOM³.
Paranoia, why not, still I said "SOME" not "ALL". I included id Software because it was quite obvious for me in the development of DOOM³. And tastes are tastes, I just miss the old days where games where based in sprites and 256 colors, is what I like, and what I'd like to see. I'd love to see that back, but I know it's imposible.

Your opinion, and my opinion, that's it.

Gibaholic said:

Well when I said everquest I mean It has a big world to explore. thats one thing I like to see in doom. (none of the other junk in that game)

Russell_P said:

Sorry, you lost my interest as soon as you mentioned the xbox.

Hey if it for xbox then it will be on pc first. Duh. (most xbox games came for the pc version)

Vegeta said:

... And tastes are tastes, I just miss the old days where games where based in sprites and 256 colors, is what I like, and what I'd like to see. I'd love to see that back, but I know it's imposible.

It's only impossible if you do nothing about it.

And in regard to this thread, another one of these "MAN THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS AND THAT AND THEN IT SHOULD DO THIS AND THAT U THINK THATS GOOD AMIRITE?" threads, does it matter really if anyone thinks they SHOULD do this? Not only is it an inferior idea, but it would never happen anyway.