Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solo

What was your fav gun or monster in Doom3?

I thought I'd ask what other people thought was the best gun or monster in Doom3.

The gun I liked most was the plasma gun

The monster I liked most was the Hellknight

I liked the cyberdemon too:)

The weapon I didn't like much was...the pistol just like all the other games LOL

The monster I don't like in all Doom games is the lost souls.
Those things are so annoying.

Anyway whats your favorit monster and gun in Doom3?
Do ahead and say what guns and monsters you don't like :)

I thought the best gun was the shot gun... simply because you can take any minor bad boy, (hellknights included, muncubi excluded) in just a few shots. The worst weapon is the chaingun, because it is slow to start, inaccurate and it eats up ammo fast.

My personal favourate monster is....... after a lot of thought is..... I don't know. But I'll tell you which suck;

-Revenants (see through flesh? No need! Blue eyes? Not scary! Rocket launchers.... cool but you could have some Revenants weilding melee weapons!)

-Lost Souls (Not because they are annoying however, just in the screenshots they have rocket thrusters stuck in their heads. Why? Hell can drag and throw bodies bodies about, but they have to install a propulsion system to get a head to fly about? No!)

-Pinky's Arse (The Demon is super awesome but I've always wondered; what was so wrong with their back-half that Hell desided to stick on some man-tech? Because of teleporter accidents? Now I'm wondering what was there? Pathetic leg like appendages? A tail? A silly hat?)

I guess I think it's a little bit silly that with the Devil's ... or God's (Dun, Dun, Dun, Duuuuuuun) demon making skills they have to resort to man made tech to make'em work. But the only Doom creatures I hate are Revenants, and mainly because of the design.

But it's kickass oldschool design! :) Tech parts are interesting, but you can disagree.

Favourite weapon? Dunno. Beavertooth was nice (try cutting Mancubi!), BFG sounded strange, shotgun has screwed up spread, Chaingun was awesome to nail Vagary or Hellknights, Plasmagun was cool for blocking myself from fireballs and rockets, Machinegun was good for direct fire, granades were useful for clearing some parts of imps, Rocket Launcher for blowing up practicular creatures, Soulcube was a nice addon. But I think shotgun was my weapon of choice.

As for monsters... I hate ticks, because they serve no purpose, I don't know what came over id to make another trites. Lost Souls were dealing too much damage. Pinkys will always be my favs but they are too weak as for so enormous creatures. I don't like Sabboth, it's far from what I call DooM. Cyberdemon was nice but faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too easy to defeat. Imps suck because they can't walk over walls with the exception of scripted moments. Cherubs are designed suprisingly well but, as LostSouls, deal too much damage. Cacos are too weak, but overally are good. Archvile... yeah, one of my favourite pets from Doom2. Nice that they now act as hell commanders. So I pick Pinkys and on second place Cybs and Archies.

Yeah I have to say I like the way the lost souls look in ROE better.
They look more like Doom Doom 2 Final Doom's loast souls:)

My favorite weapon's are super shotgun, shotgun, chaingun and rocket launcher and for enemys, I like the Roe lost souls and someone named Player.

The chainsaw is just too powerful: it kills ANY enemy, even the HellKnight, in just seconds. Chop, dead. Plus it works outside with no oxygen. WTF?
The BFG feels more like the 10K than the 9K. Plus it blows up if you overcharge it. It's the most advanced weapon ever constructed, and yet it doesn't even have basic safety features???
You can rocket jump without invulnerability. So much for realism.

Apart from that, all the weapons are pretty good.

My fav monster was the imp, but they used him way to much so that faded. My fav weapon I guess was the plasma gun. But most of the enemies were so damn weak the heavy aresenal wasn't needed imo.

TheDarkArchon said:

Why wouldn't it work?

Internal combustion requires oxygen to work. Fire needs to breath. In this theory compulsion projectile weapons wouldn't work in space like they wouldn't work under water.

For favorite enemy it’s a chop up of either the Wrath, of the Bruiser. Fav weapon is Plasma Rifle; despite the generic Sound effects has an awesome reload sound. It reminds me of changing a wet light bulb.

The archvile is my favorite Doom 3 monster. It looked more menacing than in its latest iteration than in Doom 2 imo. In the add-on, though, I liked the bruiser best just because it's so strange looking. Favorite weapon in Doom 3 would probably be a tie between the BFG or the soul cube. In the add-on, definitely the grabber. Dumb name, kinda cool weapon.