Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

new member of the family

well he aint exactly new, been with me for a year. it is my iguana "doom" and he deserves every bit of that name. he is one mean bastard, torn the shit out of my hand. he is a neat doom green color too, reason for nameing him that. however that isn't the neat part. He has actually begun to make an imp like sound. mostlikly he may be mimicing the doom imp sound because doom is my screensaver and it runs while i am away(with sound down low but still being heard) I know iguana's dont really make sound, not beyond the "I'm pissed" hissing sound anyway

point being my iguana is trained now to make the sound of an imp damn it! very cool too, i trained it to use a litterbox as well, but the bastard is to dumb to figure out he cant fit through his old escape hole anymore. i will make a recording of it next time i get him to do that sound

Ya know, many of the Doom sounds are pre-recorded and modified animal sounds, so it's no surprise he sounds like that.

About the lizard's name, I would never call any of my pets "Doom" even if I was paid to.

Ya know, many of the Doom sounds are pre-recorded and modified animal sounds, so it's no surprise he sounds like that.

About the lizard's name, I would never call any of my pets "Doom" even if I was paid to.

In an episode of Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast with Willie Nelson in it the Bear's roar was a sound effect voice noise ripped directly from Blood 1.

In an episode of Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast with Willie Nelson in it the Bear's roar was a sound effect voice noise ripped directly from Blood 1.

You hear Doom sounds over and over again. I have heard the door sounds and zombie death sounds repeated numerous times. In one Smashing Pumpkins song, they used the exploding barrel sound. I remember the death sound from Heretic being used in a commercial once. There was also this weird sound that I first heard from a monster in Blacke Stone, then later used for the Blade-Demons in Heretic, and the Dragons in Warcraft II.

You hear Doom sounds over and over again. I have heard the door sounds and zombie death sounds repeated numerous times. In one Smashing Pumpkins song, they used the exploding barrel sound. I remember the death sound from Heretic being used in a commercial once. There was also this weird sound that I first heard from a monster in Blacke Stone, then later used for the Blade-Demons in Heretic, and the Dragons in Warcraft II.

Really? Jezz!

Doom sounds aren't made by ID software. Not most, at least. There are professionally-done compilations going around, which is why you'll even hear same sound fx in different games as well as TV shows, songs, movies, etc.

Doom sounds aren't made by ID software. Not most, at least. There are professionally-done compilations going around, which is why you'll even hear same sound fx in different games as well as TV shows, songs, movies, etc.

Yeah, I've heard camels making zombie and imp noises in movies.

...and they cost and ungodly large amount. Fuckers. Same happens with professional captured textures and sample banks.

I think you got it backwards... ;)

The camels from Age Of Empires II and the Goatmen from Diablo II also.

D'you have any idea how many movies and TV shows I've seen that use the same "swoosh" sound used when the brain boss fires a monster-cube? *deep breath after that mouthfull* Too. Damn. Many.

No point.