Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

The Making of The 7th Guest

I've always wanted to play it, but never have. It looked great when it was new. Not sure what I'd think of it now.

Lüt said:

I've always wanted to play it, but never have. It looked great when it was new. Not sure what I'd think of it now.

Ditto.

I remember seeing that advertised in a computer game catalogue alongside the original Dune game. Ah, memories...

Dune... I played the Genesis version. Never bought it, but rented it enough times that I probably could have bought it with that money. IIRC it was quite similar to the Warcraft series, and after Warcraft 2 I never felt the need to try Dune again.

Lüt said:

Dune... I played the Genesis version. Never bought it, but rented it enough times that I probably could have bought it with that money. IIRC it was quite similar to the Warcraft series, and after Warcraft 2 I never felt the need to try Dune again.

I think you're thinking of Dune 2. Dune 2 was essentialy the first real-time strategy game, and directly inspired both Warcraft and Command and Conquer (actualy C&C was made by the same people and on the same engine). The first Dune is a bit weirder. It has some RTS elements, but it also has the elements of an adventure game or an RPG.

Heh. My experience with Dune 1 was limited to a few screens of dialogue and wandering off into the desert to die.

It's been over a decade since I played it - I'm not sure if it was the first or second. The first Genesis version could have been a port based off the second PC version. Sometimes they don't always carry the numbers over. Or it could have been completely unrelated. I've never played the SegaCD version, but AFAIK it has nothing in common with the Genesis version except the title and setting. By the same token, the Genesis version could be completely unrelated to the PC version. It definitely had some similarities to WarCraft.

It took me about 3 years to figure out what all the characters represented.

Very disturbing game - a classic for its genre