Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

Win 3.11

well i know that 3.11 sucks a rat's hairy ass but it is perfect for older systems. anyway i am trying to get it hooked up to play a network game of doom2, classic doom2.exe.( to the punk who hates ports, see I even use doom(2).exe and i am going to host a doom(2) LAN party as soon as i find a place to do it at. and i will use doom2.exe and zdoom too) I need to know where i can get DOS drivers for a 3 com ethernet 3 ISA card and or basic IPX drivers. they must be for win3.11 or DOS no windows or win32 crap for this system. I tried 3 com's site but there drivers where for different cards or win9x/NT. anyhelp would be nice, as well as some tips

also does anyone have any older ISA soundcards that work and are in very good condition(soundbalster AWE 32 or higher) that they would want to sell. I would buy for a good price

Win 3.11

AARRAAHRHOANET=)#%()#%'36j

Bad, bad memories.

I liked Windows 3.1 better than Win9x, simply because...

I HAD TABWORKS.

Tabworks == 0wn463 (in terms of 16-bit Windows shells)

I remember Windows 3.11 in much the same way that a lot of people remember the Third Reich. It was a good idea, theoretically. Implementation, as always, is the bitch.

DC

DOS 6.22?? Are you NUTS? That freaking disk compresser fucked up more systems than I have skin cells! And don't even TALK to me about performance. I've seen dead yaks that could open a directory faster.

DC

I need to know where i can get DOS drivers for a 3 com ethernet 3 ISA card and or basic IPX drivers

Right here at Doomworld. Multiplayer section I believe... look under files, middle page.

If I remember correctly you cant run the original doom under win3.1, you should be able to run the dos ipx drivers though.

I had problems running DOOM under Windows 3.11, It would always hang on me, and although I've read some tips on how setting up the PIF file, it never worked for me. But who cares, DOOM should be run from pure DOS whether you are on DOS 6.22 / Win 3.11 or on Win 98.

I need to know where i can get DOS drivers for a 3 com ethernet 3 ISA card and or basic IPX drivers

Right here at Doomworld. Multiplayer section I believe... look under files, middle page.

Hey Mordeth, congratulations on finally reaching 0 posts ;)

3Com doesn't write DOS drivers for their cards; they require you to use Novell Netware in order to use the card in real mode. I know because I spent 2 months looking for a DOS driver for my 3Com card and the only thing available was a Novell Netware interface driver.

yeas i did realize that, however i am sure there is a third party driver, or basic driver for that card. also is there a universal 3 com or network card driver for DOS

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Windows 3.11.... so many GOOD memories... Our old hard drive with Win 3.11 finally killed itself (that's right) in 2000! And we got it '94. I tried deleting ROTT, but it started deleting everything else. Other than that, 3.11 was great. :) Too bad I dont remember what it looks like... :(

Too bad I dont remember what it looks like... :(

You have been blessed.

No he hasn't.

Good ole' Program Manager, god I miss that thing.

"This will end your Windows session."

I remember when the computer lab at high school had computers that had nothing but Win 3.1 installed on them during my freshman year. Good thing the admins there upgraded them shortly after.

KNOCK KNOCK just fill your desktop with crap. :)

It came filled with crap when I first put 98SE on.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Dang straight. And my Win 98 desktop is filled with junk...

I never use the Start button. It's either in my desktop or in My Computer. I wish I could remove that stupid button, I need the space.

I never use the Start button. It's either in my desktop or in My Computer. I wish I could remove that stupid button, I need the space.

So install Win 3.11

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Oh yeah, and I also need your intestines.

Quoth the demon raging inside ZZ: "And I'll go fetch your family's intestines after I slaughter them and splatter their brains on the wall."

Windows 3.11.... so many GOOD memories... Our old hard drive with Win 3.11 finally killed itself (that's right) in 2000! And we got it '94. I tried deleting ROTT, but it started deleting everything else. Other than that, 3.11 was great. :) Too bad I dont remember what it looks like... :(

Sound like another case of subdir pointing to root...

I had problems running Win3.11 on newer comps. It would just hang on load, because of the motherboard. I've also been told that even Win95 won't run on my K6 without a patch of some sort if that exists.

ahh i think file manager is in the windows dir, also there is program manager( but not sure why it would be used on 98)