Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDarkArchon

Charles Kennedy calls Lib Dem leadership election after admitting drink problem.

Meanwhile, we have Ted Kennedy drunkenly leading the Democrats in America. Our countries are not so different after all.

DooMAD said:

Still better than the Tories though.

The Tories are cool.

Who can actually put their hand up, and claim honestly that they are proud to be northern/welsh and working class?

I want to be upper-middle class, have a cool car, fine pin-stripe suits, make money from dodgy deals with dictatorships, hold amazing parties like Nero & generally be an all round cunt.

The Tories are cool, because they preach classical values that hold true today as they have for thousands of years throughout recorded human history.

so, basically, them times he was kerfumbling over his words in speeches, forgetting policy at press conferences and not showing up for work were because of hangovers? sounds like the rest of us! seriously, chuck should get his job back and we should have prescott leading the labour party and boris johnson for the tories, what fun!

though i think simon hughes might get the job personally, always been a lib dem fan myself, though probably only because i thought ole' paddy on spitting image was funniest some time in the early 90's... an informed political choice if ever there was one, for those of you who don't know the gist here it is (in theory):

labour: tax and spend: you give them all your money and they give you fire engines, schools, beer, and hospitals for free

tory: earn it bitch: you give them no money, but have to pay for school tuition, hospital treatment, your trash collecting and air, probably. though you do get to drive a jaguar, if you can afford it.

lib-dem: free-for-all: a bit of tax and spend, but policy is decided by frequent referendi, in the pub, plus you get to live in the united-states-of europe, good for trips to amsterdam, but that also means being nice to the french and germans. and not invading other peoples countries because some bloke the other side of the atlantic says so.

so to summarise: if you like the US but dislike Europe then vote labour, unless you'd rather gamble that you'll never need a fire engine or a hospital and dont have kids to send to school and would rather buy that jaguar with the money instead, then vote tory. if you like europe but dislike the us, want to smoke pot in the privacy of your own home and think that maybe having a gas guzzling car might be a bad thing, vote lib dem.

there are other parties too, btw

I guess that makes me Labour.

There are a lot of strange parties; BNP, the crazy (blah-blah-blah) monster party with their 99p coins.

I don't acknowledge The Green Party because they are screwed up animals.

The fact remains - those who vote labour are, for some reason, 'proud' to be working class (for whatever equalitarian french garbage they've been fed)

Those who vote Tory want to improve themselves, relying on their own effort rather than sucking off the tit of the Nannay State.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Count Raffles said:

The fact remains - those who vote labour are, for some reason, 'proud' to be working class (for whatever equalitarian french garbage they've been fed)

Those who vote Tory want to improve themselves, relying on their own effort rather than sucking off the tit of the Nannay State.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

The Tory party almost sound like communist lefties compared to you. I'd be intrigued to know where you end up on this.

DooMAD said:
The Tory party almost sound like communist lefties compared to you. I'd be intrigued to know where you end up on this.

No wonder the guy was obsessed with making Nazi wads.

It's funny, those political compass things tended to put me very close to Charles Kennedy. However, of the main British political leaders, he is the one with whom I've actually tended to agree with least.

Grazza said:

It's funny, those political compass things tended to put me very close to Charles Kennedy. However, of the main British political leaders, he is the one with whom I've actually tended to agree with least.

It places me over by the Green party, whom I don't tend to agree with much due to their overly impractical and naive policies. The idealism might be similar, but in practice they're just not realistic.

Last time I checked, I was far more left-libreral than anyone on that chart.

I'm more Neo-Libertarian than Ghandi and more authoritarian than Mandela and apparently more left than most, which I find kind of surprising.

Heh, the Lib Dems.

Within a month the leader resigns due to alcoholism and Oaten goes for shagging rent-boys. And they had to nerve to say they were the only sleaze-less party in Westminster.

Well the squeeky clean liberal wool (a la wooly liberal) as gone for a spin in the dog dirt now.

In fairness I thought the treatment of Kennedy for what is after all a serious health issue has been the most hypocritical bullshit I've seen from the media this parliament, but as for Oaten, well he's just been a complete shit to his family so he deserves what he gets.

Count Raffles said:

Its not really a struggle.. look you're alive! Isn't that wierd.

He was caught in the eternal struggle of posting in Doomworld, and did not deserve to live.