Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Artwork that would make a cool Doom level

Sometimes I see architecture or artwork that makes me think to myself, "That would look really great in Doom." Here are two such pieces I think would look right at home in Doom:

http://www.coverportal.de/cover/audio/c/cannibal_corpse_gallery_of_suicide_a.jpg

Okay, so it's no coincidence that I posted a Cannibal Corpse album cover. They are one of my favorite bands, after all. But anyway, I think, with a little creativity, something similar to this could be recreated in Doom, but probably only on a powerful port like Gzdoom or Risen 3D. Now that I think about it, it would probably also look good in Q3A...

http://www.metalheadstore.com/Images_cd/cc_livecannibalism.jpg

This one seems a little more plausible for standard ports. The design of the cathedral itself is a bit simple, but with some nice texturing and decor, it could look outstanding in Doom.

I always loved Cannibal Corpses dark sense of humor funny. These would make for a good map and dooms gothic textures and gore graphics; you could really pull something off. Provided you made one of CC's songs into a midi and advertised the map as a CC tribute.

That's not a bad idea, though due to the inherit speed and heaviness of death metal, I'm not sure CC would sound so great in midi form.

Q3A and the CC covers do share a definite resemblance. More doom levels need corpse oceans though. The most memorable use of corpses in my mind would be the hell level of Azztion Doom with the river with corpses floating down it.
Really need more of that true 'knee deep in the dead' literalized. Games lately seem to be really toning down the gore.

EDIT: And again, BS is a *******E speltmong.

I find it bizzare that the incorrect way of spelling "definitely" or "definite" is censored and swear words such as "fuck" are not.

If someone can pull that off with Doom 2, that would be one impressive. There would be no doubt that it could be done with Doom 3, though.