Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

need a list of thing numbers for TIDs for Zdoom

is there a list of thing numbers out on the net for all the TID's For Zdoom (doom in hexen format)? cause i need to get ahold of the TID's for the skybox use thing.

You assign the tid yourself in the editor. There are no predefined values.

Or do you mean the editor number? That's something completely different.

thats what i meant.. there are TID's for diffrent sky textures in the skybox thing. I need the editor number numbers

I think perhaps you are getting confused by the terminology. tid - or thing I.D.s are set in the editor by you as and when you require them. You usually give an item a tid because you want to specifically itentify it for the purposes of scripting or something. Most items, most of the time, do not get allocated a tid.

Perhaps you are thinking of the editor numbers for the things?

A skybox camera is thing #9080
A skybox picker is #9081
A skybox silencer is #9082

A skybox camera does not need a tid unless you are trying to use more than one skybox in a level. If you are only using one, do not set a tid for the camera and you will not need any skybox pickers either. If you are using more than one, give your skybox cameras a tid of your choice then place a skybox picker in every sector you want to use the view from that camera. Then set arg0 for each picker to be the same as the skybox camera tid.

The skybox silencer is just an item that prevents any noise being made in the sector it is in. It does not need a tid.

yes.. that would be it, im not confused persay.. its this post from the tutorial on how to make skyboxes that threw me off

"Leave the 9080 thing's TID as 0 to make it the default sky for the level. If you give it a non-zero TID, then you also need to use a 9081 thing in any sectors that you want to use that skybox. The 9081 thing's first argument should match the TID of the desired 9080 thing. This allows a single level to have multiple skies"