Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Doom + TNT + proff + Budko = PrBoom+

Andrey Budko writes that he's released a new version of his PrBoom modification PrBoom+ (2.2.6.25). A lot of the changes are compatibility related, but it also doubles the sidedefs limit. Here's a nice history if you're really interested in all the changes.

Yes, it's getting very hard to think of further feature requests or bugs to report. :)

Maybe improvements in GL rendering - more support for tricks like the deep water effect? Or a greater variety of bumpmapping styles, with different ones "smartly" applied to differing types of textures. How about it, Andrey? :p

To the very best of my knowledge, Andrey "entryway" Budko and Laura "BahdKo" Hermann and not related.

Grazza said:

Yes, it's getting very hard to think of further feature requests or bugs to report. :)

Maybe improvements in GL rendering - more support for tricks like the deep water effect? Or a greater variety of bumpmapping styles, with different ones "smartly" applied to differing types of textures. How about it, Andrey? :p

I can think of a few things :

Heretic, Hexen and Strife support :-P

BBG said:

Damned straight. ;) Strife sure would be nice. I haven't played that in ages and SvStrife 1.0 gives me a black screen on boot.... what a bummer.

What's the sidedef limit in the official GL/PRBoom?

I'd like to see a more flexible and usable fake floor-texture feature. Last time I tried something kool it didn't work.

You missed cph out of the title...

Prboom+ has completely slipped me by. I wonder how many of the changes would be accepted back into prboom if development ever kicks up again.

BBG said:

Just as long as the heretic/hexen code isn't used (as it currently stands licence-wise).

Sign in to follow this