Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Doom box-art for Saturn and Playstation

I don't know how many of you have seen the alternate artwork made for these versions of the game, but I think they're quite badass. The Saturn version has two different appearances:

http://www.idfanshop.com/images/product_images/popup_images/sega_saturn_doom_2.jpg

I really like this one because it appears to be a lost soul, and it looks like they used an actual model of some kind instead of a drawing.

http://www.segagagadomain.com/saturn10/doom-f.jpg

Then there's this one, which I think was used for the Japanese version. It doesn't compare to the original (green imps, what the hell?), but it's really badass nonetheless.

The Playstation version features the same artwork, but blown up.

http://doomworld.com/pageofdoom/graphics/doom-front.jpg

I'd like opinions on these box-art graphics as they compare to the original. I'd also like to know if anyone knows where I can find a high-res scan of the FULL art depicted in the Playstation version.

The marine on the doom 2 cover doesn't look like one either.
But his haircut is about the same as the marine on the psx/saturn cover tough.
Nice drawings.

Oi, I thought you might have gotten the hint already, but I guess not. Don't hotlink to images on other web servers unless you a) have an account on/own/run the server in question (or if it's something like ImageShack) or b) have permission. The reason is because it's not very polite to eat up other people's bandwidth unknown to them. Also, abide by the rules and don't put images in [img] tags if they're over the maximum allowable image size.

Bloodshedder said:

Oi, I thought you might have gotten the hint already, but I guess not. Don't hotlink to images on other web servers unless you a) have an account on/own/run the server in question (or if it's something like ImageShack) or b) have permission. The reason is because it's not very polite to eat up other people's bandwidth unknown to them. Also, abide by the rules and don't put images in [img] tags if they're over the maximum allowable image size.

Oh, sorry man. I'll be sure to try my best to abide by those rules in the future. No harm intended.

Does anyone have a picture of that Doom novel with the space marine facing a wierd looking mancubus with intestine-looking arms shooting fire balls with a few lost souls? I always thought how the Doom novels didn't really look like the stuff from doom.

Bashe said:

The guy on the front doesn't look like the marine...

Looks like the Doom guy to me, though he doesn't look like a SPACE marine...

It's the suit, chicks dig the suit.

Vile said:
Looks like the Doom guy to me,

He looks like a mix between Dash and the Sirian president.