Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

The /newstuff Chronicles #261

Grazza said:

Jon, Enjay and Afterglow: Your files did not "get missed" as such. This edition of T/nC is a round-up of the December's "old stuff" (non-new files that are appearing in the archive for the first time). This is a monthly feature.

Anything both new (or updated) and new to the archive from the period 25th December - 6th Jan is due to be reviewed in the next edition (#262).

I can certainly understand some confusion w.r.t to the dates though: #261 is the issue that was due out on 1st January, and #262 was due out on 8th January.

This is unacceptable. I will be contacting my attorney.

I've been wondering why nemisis was not uploaded to /idgames before, and I think I remember that the original TXT file stipulated the it must not be distributed outside of the "3d game alchemy" (aka tricks...2nd edition) CD-ROM. The TXT file that was uploaded doesn't say this so I may be remembering incorrectly, or, it may have been removed in order to get accepted into the archive... who uploaded it?

Grazza said:

Anything both new (or updated) and new to the archive from the period 25th December - 6th Jan is due to be reviewed in the next edition (#262).

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Jon said:

I've been wondering why nemisis was not uploaded to /idgames before, and I think I remember that the original TXT file stipulated the it must not be distributed outside of the "3d game alchemy" (aka tricks...2nd edition) CD-ROM. The TXT file that was uploaded doesn't say this so I may be remembering incorrectly, or, it may have been removed in order to get accepted into the archive... who uploaded it?

I did. The files are exactly as they appeared on Justin Fisher's own web site (now defunct).

Are you supposed to run really fast in Wheel of Time Doom? Is it just something on my end that makes it feel like I'm running Turbo 200?

Veddge said:

Are you supposed to run really fast in Wheel of Time Doom? Is it just something on my end that makes it feel like I'm running Turbo 200?

No, you're not. You're meant to have the normal running speed.

As far as I know, this issue only occurs in Zdoom and Zdoom-based ports. (I mentioned this issue both in the separate text-file and in the review.) It is due to the following appearing in the dehacked patch:

Thing 1 (Player)
Reaction time = 8
Pain chance = 100
Speed = 5
In dehacked, the player's properties can't be changed in this way, so it should have no effect on the player's speed. However, Zdoom interprets this differently.

OK, I pulled out the speed line and everything works fine. I had a hunch it was the dehcaked patch since no other wards were doing this.