Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom On DVD!!!

Texas Libra informed me that the Doom movie (remember that?) is due out on DVD February 7 with a special "unrated" version available as well. I don't know what the unrated version includes, maybe an even longer first-person sequence where Eomer splatters a few more drama students. In other news the DVD cover art is hilariously, utterly, Steven-Seagal-straight-to-video bad.

BlackFish said:

Hey steve seagal is cool.

As cool as a fucking "My Little Ponies" t-shirt when you're a boy...

Anyway, the DVD cover is hilariously awful, it's more awful than the film poster. I'll probably buy this anyway, since it's unrated and stuff. Maybe Rosamund Pike will flash the camera! Damn that bitch is stacked...

I actually looked at the movie website, and it's by far ten times better than the actual movie, the timeline segment was actually slightly decent, showing a pic from GB Doom in it's section on mods.

The extended version of Land of the Dead is 97 minutes - but that's still 4 minutes longer than the theatrical version. Not every extended version needs to be 50 minutes longer.

For Doom 113 minutes would mean 9 more minutes.

Let's just hope it's a good 9 minutes. I haven't seen the movie myself yet. I didn't get round to it during the brief time it was in my local cinema, but I was quite happy to wait for a DVD release anyway. However, a friend saw it and his review wasn't quite so damning as I expected. He even said there were about 8 minutes near the end that were actually pretty good and entertaining. Mind you, he also said that 8 minutes towards the end was too little too late.

For the record, I didn't actually inform Linguica personally, although I am flattered by the mention ;)

And for once I actually agree the cover art is a bit disappointing, but it's nothing new either. It has the shot of the marines used for the newspaper adverts of the movie. I was actually half-expecting the cover of the novel to be the DVD cover too.

Speaking of which, I still need to pick that up...

Well screw it, I just went ahead and ordered my copy. *sighs*

The things I do for this game.

-Cov

covaro said:

Well screw it, I just went ahead and ordered my copy. *sighs*

The things I do for this game.

Sex with another man?

Xtife said:

why bother even releasing it? have they not yet learned THAT ITS CRAP

There's far too many people who actually pay to own this crap!

It's not so much crap, as much as it has nothing to do with Doom. It would have been a better movie if they had just called it something else, and mentioned that they were inspired by Doom.

If anyone wanna see a Doom movie, they're better off watching aliens, and directly after watch Evil dead. Preferably be so tired, that it all meshes together as a big blur, and before you know it you'll think you've seen the Doom movie as it was meant to be. :p

Xtife said:

why bother even releasing it? have they not yet learned THAT ITS CRAP

Graf Zahl said:

There's far too many people who actually pay to own this crap!

I happen to be one of those people, thank you very much.

bought my copy yesterday on my birthday and to tell you the truth i happen to like it. so what if its like resident evil but a helluva more violent. besides its based off of doom 3.