Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

monster teleport/"splitting" the sector concept

Okay, i know what to do when making a monster teleport area, but i still dont partially get the " splitting " the sector concept.. could i get a clear picture of this?

See THIS animation on how to split a sector. Sometimes, with very complex sectors, this may not give the desired results. In that case splitting with THIS method guarantees the desired result.

duuude.. your like my hero e.e; ive been trying to get that down so i can make a monster spawn point, just one more question, if thats splitting a sector, then how do you split a part of it into the sector with the monsters?, thats the only part i dont get o.O

Oh and on an unrelated note: Since you created Doom builder; I cant seem to get the "bridge objects" to work in the skulltag portion of DB; i can select and put them where i want, but they wont show up in 3D mode and they dont work when i test the map. Is this a glitch on my part or is there a more complex way with skulltag than Zdoom?

I think what you want is a seperate room outside the map which shares a sector with a sector within the map so that the sound activates the monsters in your room; In that case you want to Join two sectors. Make your map, then make a room outside your map. Select the sector in the map where the player makes the sound that should activate the monsters and select your room sector, then press J to join them together. Note that all selected sectors you join with the first one will all get the same properties (textures, heights, etc) of the first sector.

About the bridge objects, I think the Skulltag configuration is just missing some information on the sizes or image of the bridge things or something. That causes them not to show up in 3D Mode.