Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

making diffrent sky patterns.

I was looking over some of the screen shots on the skulltag website and i noticed they didnt run the standard level SKY textures, and i saw on one side of the map is a sector with the Horizon line defs.. he same with the horizon sector in the outdoor part, how is this possible? since ido this and all i get is the texture thats on the floor and now the sky.

You don't have to use the original Doom sky textures. Either replace them yourself with a wad editor or add in your own and define them with a MAPINFO lump.

As for the horizon special, I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to ask....

Kirby said:

As for the horizon special, I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to ask....

He's most likely referring to the skyboxes.

Nautilus said:

He's most likely referring to the skyboxes.

Sounds like it. And to try and clear up some confusion he may have, the horizon lindefs have nothing to do with making that area become the sky. The horizon line type effectively makes the view extend to the logical horizon and can be used anywhere in a map when you want that effect. What makes the skybox appear as the sky is the use of a skybox camera object.

i have tried this and.. nothing o.o even if i followed the instructions on the Zdoom website to the letter... am i doing anything wrong? (this is renagade on a diff comp btw..))

Darknight002 said:

am i doing anything wrong?

Apparently ;)

However, unless you tell us exactly what you are doing, it's hard to tell where you are going wrong. The process is pretty straight forward. You build your skybox, you place a skybox camera in it (thing number 9080) and everywhere that you mark with f_sky on the ceiling (or floor) will use the view from that camera.

Could you post your map somewhere so that people could check it and debug it for you?

Errr.. i -cant- at the moment, not that i dont got a map that has this feature ( ive been experimenting with small one or two room maps to try and figure it out) but my editor and stuffs are on my pc and its waiting on a new power unit.