Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vk1

Doom Retexture pack... where?

Anyone knows where can i found the "Doom Retexture Project" (~195mb) previously found on Doomsdayhq site? I´ve found only broken links on google...

Thanks

Most of the stuff in the old pack is being or has been redone. Check out jfiles.org for more information about the latest work being done in this area. The website seems to go through regular changes in organization and design but clicking the album link will help get you started.

Those regular changes were upgrades to the site (bit by bit) just like different languages are getting added now.

Man, I don't know which texture pack I have, but it's terribly uneven. Some of the textures look phenomenal, but others look sub-par, or even significantly worse than the original. A number look a little too obviously Photoshopped, lacking the professionality of the originals. Some, such as the Icon of Sin textures, are just the originals with some filter applied over the whole thing. Unless there's a more professional version out there than the one I'm describing, I wouldn't recommend using the texture pack.

90% of the genuine remakes I've seen of the Doom textures look like the originals exactly, only more smooth diagonals and circles and sharper lines. So, who cares?

Most remakes look like crap. The only exception I can think of is my snazzy set of cardboard crates.

Most remakes are useless because the makers forget one important thing: It is not important how each texture looks for itself. It has to work in the maps. And despite a handful of good attempts in these packs the end result is an uneven looking level most of the time.

If you want to see a better jdtp here are some flats you can make.

FLAT5_6
FLAT5_7
FLAT5_8
FWATER1
FWATER2
FWATER3
FWATER4
GATE1
GATE2
LAVA1
LAVA2
LAVA3