Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Things you hate when you play on-line

What things do you hate the most when you're playing on-line (no matter the game).
Personaly.
-When I enter in a server where everyone can kick my butt with eyes closed.
-Winner joiners (these who join the team that is winning and the number of players is the same on each team, and these who wait someone to join the loosing team and only then, once the loosing team has an extra player, join the winner).
-These who camp near the starting position (specialy in IU mode).
-When someone on my team do stupid things on purpose, like entering the enemy base carrying the enemy flag.
-Aimboters

BF is the only thing I play online, so my experience is limited (I'd play more skulltag if I could)

BF: 1942 Stuff:

-Managing to get the otherguy smokeng after an intense air-air dogfight only to be robbed of the kill at the last minute buy AA.

-being ambushed buy tanks as a medic/assult, getting killed, spawning as a anti-armor only to find they've jumped out of there tanks as assult/medics

-Superhuman snipers

-Superhuman snipers who are also base campers

-telling my team "I've boobietrapped the enemy planes, don't steal them!" then seconds later seeing "Captain Red has killed a team mate"

-"REQUESTING A PICKUP" "REQUESTING A PICKUP" "REQUESTING A PICKUP" "REQUESTING A PICKUP" "REQUESTING A PICKUP" Ect.

-Having an awsome ambush plain only to have it cocked at the last minute by a nasty ping spike.

-DeathKiller666: STFU U BITCH NIGGER JEW CAMPER!

-Getting killed at a spawnpoint, and then respawing right in the open, infront of the guy that killed me.

-(DC)Good helecopter pilots (if you've ever played DC you know what I mean).

You forgot being shot at by your own AA. Also, expert Natter pilots can and will ruin a match.

I hate MMORPGs like WoW at times because theres so many people on doing the same thing you are, that if it requires an NCP to go with you you may have to wait quite a while for someone else to do the quest. Not to mention there are farmer guilds where people just go out and farm items every one needs day in and day out and put them up on the auction houses and hike the prices. It's hard to fix because then its extremely difficult to get those items since the monsters in those areas are constantly camped for the item.

I also hate the fact that the end-game content is solely focused around 40 man raids, when most guilds are already formed by now and have a "core raider" group leaving out non-raiders from learning and experiencing the dungeons.

Quast said:
You forgot being shot at by your own AA. Also, expert Natter pilots can and will ruin a match.

Heh... Uhh... yeah, well, I would have mentioned the AA thing, except that I might be partly responable for it :/ (Well it get's confusing sometimes!)

More about BF(2):

- Not being able to hit the broad side of a barn at an effective range as the sniper.
- When losing horribly, no one wants to bother sneaking to the enemy base to cripple their communications and aircraft.
- Teams who don't understand that a newly-acquired command point will likely be sprayed with artillery soon.
- Teammates who are constantly outsmarted by enemies who go to capture our airstrip first.
- Spawning in between my squad leader and whoever was firing at him.
- Squad leaders who sit in planes the entire match.
- Never being the right class for what the situation calls for.
- Everyone wants to play Karkand, BF2's comparably overrated answer to de_dust.
- I could be in a group of 15 people, and there's a 70% chance I get shot at first.

EDIT: Here's a big one. I have all my effects turned way up because I have an awesome video card. However, that means I'm subjected to pauses (sometimes half a minute at a time) at the beginning of every match as all the geometry gets shoehorned into memory. You'd figure that EA would take time to streamline this process, but I haven't seen an update yet that resolves an actual issue.

The only game I ever steadily played online, and probably ever will, was StarCraft/Broodwars. My peeves in that game:

-People who dis Fastest Map Possible
-People who dis that one TvB map that's like Fastest Map Possible.
-When people whine about backstabbers (take it with a laugh, I say)
-People who probe rush you. And succeed.
-Players who use hacks

I do like playing "normally" as well, I just don't do it as often.

From the usual Jedi Knight/Counter-Strike/Doom scene.

- Newbs who'll rave about how I'm hacking for minutes, and yet don't leave the game. It's extra stupid when they ask me where they can find their own hacks, later on.

- People who'll join the winning team. I always play for the underdog in CS, and get called a "n00b" for it.

- Doomers who whore the BFG-- no, fuck that. Anyone who even picks up a BFG. What a pile of shit. Extra points to the people who call me a bad player when I refuse to go near such a weapon.

- Players who bitch and cry when they're not playing to the exact rules they're used to.

- Bathroom breaks

- Players who don't talk at all, except for 'gg' in between rounds. Who are you to tell me it was a good game if I couldn't enjoy a conversation while it went on? I happen to like to get into nice long chats when I game, ya know? Talk to me, ffs.

In quake3 all's you can get in is a "gg" before next round/map change lol.. the only thing i can think of really is aimbots. partly my fault because i join servers with punk buster unsupported and not realising it until im in the server. the rest of it just go's down as expected anoyances.

I hate the fact that I CAN'T play online, because I have a router. On my 56k connection, there was NO LAG. On my DSL, there is a full one second lag no matter what, making gameplay impossible.

Diablo:
- Everything. The game is ruined. Duped crap, instant-kill spells, hacked characters, hacked items. It's not worth playing.

Diablo 2:
- Sometimes you play with really grabby people who take everything that hits the ground so you don't get shit. The other night I was playing and Duriel dropped a rare paladin shield while I was playing the only paladin. This guy just swoops in, picks it up, and takes off. I had to beg him to give it to me. :/
- Spambots. Seriously, what the Hell? I don't want to know how your guild raised money for hurricane Katrina victims.
- People that demand you duel them or give them free stuff then get pissed when you don't.

Doom:
- Instagib in Skulltag.

Counterstrike:
- Everyone on public servers suck so much that it's just not fun, and everyone I end up playing on private servers is way better than me.

TFC:
- When no one has any sense of teamwork or what their class role is.
- When all the good players keep playing the same color game after game so the whole thing isn't even a contest and everyone on the losing team switches over to the winning team...and it just escalates from there.
- Sniper bots. They have fucking 100% accuracy and that's not even funny.

Starcraft:
- Everyone on there is Korean so I can't understand anything going on.
- All the maps outside of ladder games (which are full of unbeatable Koreans) are seriously hacked and modded to Hell so they aren't fun.

Tribes:
- Everyone fucking leans on their chat macro keys so the game sounds like a bunch of verbal diarrhea. If I hear "SHAZBOT!" one more time, someone is getting a fist sandwich.
- All the servers anymore are modded to Hell with weird mods and all the maps are really amaturish things with weird architecture so playing the game is like having a really bad dream.

Quake 2:
- The only people who play this anymore are hackers and people who have been playing it from their mom's basements since it came out so can kill with a glance (or they are using aimbots). Thank god I can rally a game with people on IRC from time to time.

Coopersville said:

- Players who don't talk at all, except for 'gg' in between rounds. Who are you to tell me it was a good game if I couldn't enjoy a conversation while it went on? I happen to like to get into nice long chats when I game, ya know? Talk to me, ffs.

That would be me. I almost never chat during the game because I'm too busy playing the damn game (and I'm a lousy typer if I'm in a rush). But I do always say "gg" because it's...you know...fun.

Children with mics... thank god for mute. Some of these kids should be singing Christmas songs because they sound just like chipmunks. Most of them are attention whores as well, so they never let up for a second.

Oh yeah, and Counterstrike specific, but as a terrorist, I really despise the game giving the bomb to the person with the lowest score. I understand it'll make that one person happy, but it'll surely annoy the rest of the team when he runs off on his own and loses the bomb to the CTs defensive outpost.

Halo:
-People who stay in vehicles.
-People who play on separate teams who won't shoot each other because they're friends.

Doom:
-Campers
-The servers that don't lag have the same old maps. I'm sick of Dwango.

Maple Story:
-People who talk like rappers.
-People who like to kill monsters that are 20 levels lower then them.
-People who whine and cry because I killed a monster that they could barely damage.
-Only one group can enter the party quests at a time.
-The weapons and accessories that require so many materials that they're not worth it by the time you can make them.

There isnt really much that happens to piss me off during online games. The only game I've played online frequently is doom, so...

Doom DM:

• Getting kicked for being much better than the person running the server. No Im not saying Im some kind of doomgod, but it does happen that sometimes Im significantly better than the other people in the match. I wouldnt mind it if they just asked me to leave.
  • Complaints about BFG whoring. I hardly ever use the BFG because Im not very good with it. But god forbid I even touch it once without hearing complaints.
  • Maps with super-low gravity.
Doom CTF:
  • Teammates who do nothing but defend.
  • Teammates who do nothing but attack.
Doom Coop:
  • Exiting without asking everyone else if they're ready.
  • Abusing the monsters-not-targeting bug to cruise through the map as quickly as possible.
  • Jerks who attack fellow players in servers that allow freindly fire damage.

Day of Defeat :

-People who TK
-People who run past a 2 man capture point, especially when it's like, .2 seconds away from being capped
-People who will literally camp right next to a captured point that they should be recovering
-People who try to / do get spawn-kills
-People with annoying voices
-Hackers
-Whiny bitches
-People who ask nextmap on a 24/7 Avalanche server

Halo:
- On every server I ever played, the host was set up to kick a player after a certain amount of team-kills. I liked that part, but the catch was every time I got into a vehicle, my teammates would deliberately jump in front of me while I was driving. Not only was there a serious chance of me being kicked, my respawn countdown was through the roof as a result.
- People who hog the Banshees on Blood Gulch.
- Servers set up to play with Heavy Weapons.
- King of the Hill servers that turn into nothing more than deathmatch, because nobody goes for the hill.

Quake 3:
- The railgun.

Day of Defeat:
- Servers with team damage on: when a machine gunner is set up at a capture point, and they have a hairtrigger and end up killing anything that even sticks a finger into their alley - teammate or not.
- Damn snipers.

Final Fantasy XI:
- Having people message me asking if I want to be in their party, even though I'm not searching for a party. Then when I join, they all end up being level 60 while I'm barely 15. Then they cuss me out for not being a high level.
- You can't find a party if you're searching for one unless you're a red mage.
- The maddeningly slow pace of the game.

World of Warcraft:
- Auction house prices going through the roof.
- The raid parties that go through town and kill the NPC's for no good reason.

Maplestory:
- People who accuse me of killstealing, even though I had the guy first and they just take one swing at it and run.
- Even though I play as a guy, people ask me "r u a grl?"
- Everybody - even the really high levelled guys - camps at one place in the game. It's not too bad, because there's other places to hunt, but passing through there lags me all to hell.
- People that message me repeatedly begging for money.
- People who, completely at random, invite me to trade. Even when I'm busy fighting monsters and trying not to get mobbed by the damn mushrooms.

Unreal Tournament:
- Nobody ever plays a plain ol' server anymore - they're always tricked out with bizarre mutators.

I swear I've almost never had trouble with BFG hippies. I guess most ZDaemon players are too mature to complain about a legitimate, built-in game feature.

Counter-Strike

The fact that some people will say with a straight face that the maps aren't unbalanced, despite ample evidence that most matches one team will fill up before anyone joins the other.

Amaster said:
Abusing the monsters-not-targeting bug to cruise through the map as quickly as possible.

How is that?

Jerks who attack fellow players in servers that allow freindly fire damage.

In servers without friendly fire damage they can still cause havoc by blasting people off ledges or blocking the way (sometimes making it near impossible to finish the map.)

Psyonisis said:
People that pick up a plasma gun only to shoot in all directions at all times. Way to suck out the fun of a game.

So you hate complaints against BFG whoring but hate Plasma whoring? Plasma whoring is not an issue; the issue is playing FFA in the wrong maps (or with too many players for the map in question.)

Cheaters are of course pretty lame, but it's always amusing when they are caught (I recall tracking NightFang's IP back in the early days of ZDaemon, wwhen he'd go around under aliases using hacks.)

Here's a bonus ZDaemon demo of a cheater caught in a recording.

Coopersville said:
- Jews

Not amusing. Please don't post while drunk or high.

myk said:

How is that?

I'm sure you're aware of the problem with monsters not waking up unless they're shot, in zdaemon (never had a chance to play vanilla coop so I dont know if it happens there too). I've had a few irritating scythe.wad games where a player would use this situation to race to the finish instead of waking the monsters and fighting them. Cowards!

Amaster said:

I'm sure you're aware of the problem with monsters not waking up unless they're shot, in zdaemon (never had a chance to play vanilla coop so I dont know if it happens there too). I've had a few irritating scythe.wad games where a player would use this situation to race to the finish instead of waking the monsters and fighting them. Cowards!

Maybe you should shoot or punch before they get the chance to run to the exit! Hehehe.

Anyways, as for me, on Skulltag, I hate people who keep using the same weapons over and over again. I hate grenade spammers too. There's nothing worse than playing against a grenade spammer in some cramped ass level. (Then again, the same thing could be said about Plasmaguns/rocket launchers...)

Xenphire said about World of Warcraft:
I also hate the fact that the end-game content is solely focused around 40 man raids, when most guilds are already formed by now and have a "core raider" group leaving out non-raiders from learning and experiencing the dungeons.

I was part of one of those "core raider" groups (Turalyon server, "The Core Within" guild), and it's all true. At lowlevel there's plenty to do outside a group, which makes it great if you have an hour or so to spare. Once you hit the levelcap, it's a different game. Casual solo gaming is over, done with, dead. All highlevel dungeons do not only need 20 to (mostly) 40 players, they also need a team strategy and discipline. Which means that grabbing your teammates "off the street" is not going to work in 99% of the cases. You need to be part of a team, which mostly requires you to do 2-3 raids each week, lasting several hours. The rest of the time is spent at the Auction House, getting stuff needed for the next dungeon and killing the same type of mob over and over for reputation grinding.

I had to stop this, since it was no longer compatible with work and girlfriend stuffage. Yeah, I would have loved to check out the 1.9 patch (playing Paladin here mostly) and complete my Judgement set, but :) It was nice while it lasted.

Unreal tournament 2004:

-Invasion gam... Err rpg servers (-_-) are virtually all thats on in that gametype.

-In such games, people never speak, aside from the usual end game GG (gah, hate this), or, either keep on saying they have an inf weapon, or if someone could toss them an inf weapon.

-It also doesn't help the fact that if one doesn't upgrade a lot of damage bonus, they're pretty much fucked experience wise

-Awlays repeating the same old maps over and over on a server thats on my favorites list

-Ons torlan... god no more ons torlan.

-Super weapon campers (deemer, ion painter, target painter). They just stay right there and shoot anyone else that tries to get one

-Having to wait to DL all this crap, and then after getting all that crap, having the server disconnect right when you join

-Bit of a lack of mutator servers as well.

-Besides red orgestra, no one seems to play any other mods.

Doom (skulltag):

-No one seems to play CTF
-DM is basically SSG fest
-Not much variety in default maps

Starcraft

-Getting/seeing people get kicked from a server all because they're either DLing the map or not so good at the map

-Too much korean servers (Just like what assmaster said)

-Spam/ad bots in the channel chat area

-The overwhealmingly large amount of people who can't fucking spell correctly (AOL talk overdose)

Halo 2:

-It's reeeally hard to play with people who are 11 year olds

-It's also hard to play with asshats who speak in street slang, or in general are asshats

-Campers/spawn killers/selfish/weapon camping people.

-People who don't use weapons effectively (Wasting rockets on people)

-The overwhealmingly large amount of spartans, specifically black or green colored ones

-Getting kicked out as soon as you join

Diablo:

-Accutally, this is a plus. People helped me out. :D

AvP2:

-None. :D

I'm sure there are more things and different games, but eh.

I used to hate when everyone would only use the SSG when I first started, but I've gotten used to it.

I hate servers for Doom that strictly enforce the spam filter, making it so you can only like say one thing and then have to wait like 5 minutes to talk again.