Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

Who would win?

If the monsters of the games Doom/Doom2, Hexen/Heretic, Strife went to war with one another. Which one do you think would win and why? (assuming they get the same number of monsters to fight)

I personally think the ones in Doom 2 would win since they use guns and not Hexen/heretic. As for Doom vs Strife, i'm not so sure, i never got into Strife.

Screw that, Korax is a complete wuss. I beat him last night in five seconds on skill 5, which is quicker than beating the average centuar.

I think that was a joke. Everyone knows Korax is a complete pushover. I'd probably rather hedge my bets on a Baron of Hell.

The Imp from DOOM! (They can get lucky sometimes.)

sargebaldy said:

I think that was a joke. Everyone knows Korax is a complete pushover. I'd probably rather hedge my bets on a Baron of Hell.

Yeah that skinny Korax bastard is pretty lame. I tend to kill with with 3-4 Wraithverge shots (some wraits always attack someone else).

I Think the Archvile along with some barons would kicks some serious ass, since it can just keep bring them back to life.

You're all forgetting D'Sparil. He was always the hardest of the bosses, especially on skill 5.

Why keep this discussion hypothetical? Just set up a large arena... Doom monsters on one side, others on the opposite side, tagged to be eachother's enemy. Let the games begin!

If the Doom army has a strategy that includes clever use of Archvile resurrections, then they are unstoppable.

Tetzlaff said:

If the Doom army has a strategy that includes clever use of Archvile resurrections, then they are unstoppable.

I agree.

You're all forgetting D'Sparil. He was always the hardest of the bosses, especially on skill 5.

I agree. Back in 1996, when I reached D'Sparil's arena for the first time ever, I ended up wrecking 3 different trackball mice while attempting to pin him down and minimize his spontaneous teleportations all over the damn place.
I wrecked 3 mice and it convinced me to switch from mouse&keyboard controls to keyboard-only controls.

I vote that either the Heresiarch or D'Sparil can overthrow a Cyberdemon any day any place....
But there will undoubtedly be some casualties as a result of the victory...such as a twisted ankle, a limping foot, or a gushing scar across the chest)
But victory WILL be on either D'Sparil's or the Heresiarch's side.

Korax has the potential to kill whatever foe/s with a single attack, still sadly with his standard attacks he isn't that strong. Anyway many times I put in battle Korax vs a Heresiarch (in Korax' arena removing the centaurs, ettins, serpents, and bishops), and removing the "block monster" flag in the right, left and botton lines, and the victory was in an 80% of Korax.

About the war, I'm sure that the creatures from DOOM 2 would win as the average creature in DOOM 2 has more HP and stronger attacks than the ones of the other games. The monsters from Hexen II in other had would kick whoever they want, Eidolon particulary would eat the spidermastermind and cyberdemon for breakfast, the horsmen would massacre many of the demons, and the other minions (that are stronger than these of DOOM 2) guarantee the victory.

Belial said:

By far my favourite boss enemy of all time, D'Sparil wouldnt just win, he'd wipe the floor with those punks. Korax too, he has multiple arms, thus, multiple ways to masturbate, which must have made him uber-strong.

Vegeta said:

The monsters from Hexen II in other had would kick whoever they want, Eidolon particulary would eat the spidermastermind and cyberdemon for breakfast, the horsmen would massacre many of the demons, and the other minions (that are stronger than these of DOOM 2) guarantee the victory.

Watching a mob of Skull Wizards take on a mob of Barons of Hell in some gladiator arena would be real fun...
If it was one-on-one instead of mob-against-mob, I'd be betting on the Baron.
But in a mob-against-mob scenario, the outcome might prove to be totally random and unexpected. I'd buy my ticket for a front-row seat to see such a showoff happen...
Cheering for both sides until the very last moment?
Yup, that's what I'll do.

I were thinking that, yeah the monsters from DOOM 2 have more HPs and stronger attacks (yet easier to avoid) than these of Hexen II (wich are still harder to kill for players). On the other side, the creatures from Hexen II can dodge attacks, jump, reflect projectiles (in a more effective way than the centaurs from Hexen), teleport, so I'm not sure who should win.
There's the shadow wizard (stronger version of the skull wizard) who is very hard to hit even for players, while the baron is slow but have so many hit points, I don't know who would be the winner.

Marty Razor Kirra said:

Jesus hands down.(Heh, get it?)

(Heh, no. Actually, it makes little sense to me, I guess I just dont "get" it.)

TheDarkArchon said:

That's partly because Corvus's arsenal was weak. I'm sure a fight between him and, say, an Heresiarch would be pretty damn close

Nope. D'Sparil vs Heresiarch - 5:0. First one in 5 mins, second one in 6:30, third one in 6 mins. I still had to blast D'Sparil 200-250 times with the claw to kill him. The last two rounds lasted 10 minutes and 6:30 respectively with D'Sparil having 150-200 claw shots of health left.

I always thought the Heresiarch, though cool looking and innovative, was a rather weak monster in terms of health and attack strength. His only real advantage is the invul mode, which I think caused the most damage to D'Sparil by deflecting his lightning bolts.

The Heresiarch was barely able to beat a Maulotaur. He had only 20 claw shots worth of health after the fight.

In Zdoom the Heresiarch can be (and is) hurted by the explosions of his purple fireballs, and his bishops attack him instead his opponents (same with D'Sparil and his disciples), turning the battle unfair for him.

Vegeta said:

In Zdoom the Heresiarch can be (and is) hurted by the explosions of his purple fireballs,

True.

and his bishops attack him instead his opponents (same with D'Sparil and his disciples)

Not true.

Rotting Corpse said:

Heresiarch would win. One thing you have to keep in mind is the fact that he can summon Dark Bishop's and they are fucking annoying.

By the time he starts summoning he's already dead meat.

Mordeth said:

Why keep this discussion hypothetical? Just set up a large arena... Doom monsters on one side, others on the opposite side, tagged to be eachother's enemy. Let the games begin!

Great idea!

Belial said:

I always thought the Heresiarch, though cool looking and innovative, was a rather weak monster in terms of health and attack strength. His only real advantage is the invul mode, which I think caused the most damage to D'Sparil by deflecting his lightning bolts.

The Heresiarch can be a problem if you don't know how he works. Once you figure that out and hide behind some pillar while he is invulerable he is a joke as a boss. The fight is no challenge and due to the invulnerability shield it takes far longer than necessary.

The best thing is the second one in Hexen. You get some Wings of Wrath in the battle arena and if you have an Icon of the Defender use it and fly into his spinning mana cubes. After that he is completely harmless.

I also tried 'summonfriend heresiarch' in e2m8 and e3m8 of UDoom. He can beat a cyber by deflecting his rockets, but he gets badly owned by the spider. In both attempts all the damage he did was worth 30-40 bullets.

Edit: And apparently the spider can also beat D'Sparil. 4 rounds, 2:2, all fights under 3 minutes, D'Sparil left with 100 and 200 claw shots of health, Mastermind dies with D'Sparil.