Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jello

Question [E2M1 music]

I was just playing Doom, and I noticed something. The music in E2M1 sounds exactly like a song used in the Commander Keen games. I haven't played CK for a long time though, but I was wondering if they did re-use a song from it. Anyone know?

Seeing as most if not all of the people who worked on Keen worked on Doom, I wouldnt be surprised if a song heard by Prince was accidentally reused or intentionally put in the game.

Megalyth, that's the Keen song I was thinking of. Although they did use alot of midi metal songs in doom, so maybe the original Keen version was a rip off of that AC/DC song.

The bassline that runs throughout the song from Commander Keen sounds very much like the rhythm guitar part from "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes.

Belial said:

It's not exactly easy to miss, ya know.

Well, if you're less than (mumble) years old you might not even have heard of Yes. Kids - you didn't miss anything.

But then again there was a remix of the song by Max Graham in the charts not long back, so perhaps the young people of today have been poisoned with the perversion that was prog rock.

According to the Ministry of Sound's website, Max Graham "embarked on a feat of sound engineering to update Trevor Horn’s original - splitting it into 400 component parts and reconstructing it by adding deep baselines, contemporary percussion and synths!", which sounds like a waste of effort for what is essentially the original song, with new drums, no guitar solo, and some garnish.

Well I've never heard of Yes, but I'm only 20 years old. However my favorite musician is Tom Waits, and he's been around for 25+ years. So it's not like I only listen to that which is rammed into peoples ears via mtv.

The best remix I've ever heard is Taco's update to "putting on the ritz".

And yeah, even I want to blow my brains out for saying that.

Glad my question was answered though, apparently ID has been ripping off metal songs for their music longer than I thought.

Its a minor blues i-iio-V7-iv-i

LOTS of songs have a structure like that

Bobby Prince wrote both