Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

ZDBSP issues - need help.

ZDBSP issues with Doombuilder. I was making a map today and it used sliding polyobject doors. Everything was working fine until I added a new sector to the map, then all my polies began to bleed. I ttried all sorts of things to fix it; moving lines, making convex sectors, ad rebuilding the entire polyobject and its surrounding sectors from scratch; none of that worked. So I got ZDBSP thinking it would help fiz the issues; it made them a lot worse. Then entire maps' vertexes for moved so drasticalled that the map was completely "warped". All the collosion was gone and it becam unplayable.

How do You set up ZDBSP for Doombuilder?

My current settings are:

Executable: C:\Program Files\Doom Builder\ZDBSP.exe
Parameters: %F -o %F

(Same for export)

EDIT: Ok, i've removed all the parameters. It did Fix the Bleeding, but i get this Doombuilder Error:

"The node Builder did not build the required structure. Please ensure that there are no errors in your map". "You map will be saved without the nodes".

Well, I think its because i'm using DB 1.0, since I like it the most (it's the most stable, IMO). I download version 1.67 just so I can use that to rebuild my nodes with ZDBSP. So far, its working very well.

yeah the version works very well, i wish i would get my pc part soon.. i got an awesome concept i want to put to pratice ( its a level that is mostly pitch black and high off an insta death floor.. mostly relying on ZDoom's invisible bridge objects... there will be some solid ground places as well >_> ))

Darknight002 said:

i got an awesome concept i want to put to pratice ( its a level that is mostly pitch black and high off an insta death floor.. mostly relying on ZDoom's invisible bridge objects... there will be some solid ground places as well >_> ))

Are you going to name it walk2.wad?

chopkinsca said:

Are you going to name it walk2.wad?

no.. its going to become one level within one of the two wads i plan on working. one titled "gothicka" (cause it uses the gothic texture pack with some hexen/heretic textures and a few sprites) and one that will be called " Shadow of oblivion: corruption within. " ( which will use the level that Ezxariarch tested for me..

and.. it will be thursday when i start again ;)

Edit: the concept will be somewhere between lvl 10 and lvl 20

Edit Edit: And whats with the wad name?? did i take someones idea?