Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katarhyne

denial

deadnail: You asscan, she wears glasses.

BTW, it looks like Aza's color-blind, according to the story. :-)

A pretty good guess, Katgut, but, well...ehe. Not correct. She's not color-blind, she's...well, you'll find out in my next update.

The only real problem I have resulting from TS (besides the obvious) is with my heart...but other than that, I'm mostly okay...

It is nice to see you channeling your energies into something creative, rather than destructive.

I am trying to do the same. I haven't worked since August, and my savings are running dangerously low. I can't even buy a programming job here is Dallas. I put applications in at the local Half-Price Bookstore and the Dollar Tree, without much luck. I always thought 15 years experience as a programmer was an asset, but it seems to be a liability when there are no programming jobs.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I sent in a story this week to Future Orbits magazine. I won't get much if I do manage to sell it, but it will sure be a morale booster and get my foot in the door.

Looking forward to the rest of your story.

Good luck Rick! Any word on the story you sent in? Prolly not, huh? S'only been like two days, ehe...

Thanks for the support. I promise, I'm really going to do a big update soon. Probably tomorrow night. My dad actually wants me to go (just me and him! I'm so excited...it's been like five years since he's even paid any attention to me) shopping with him tonight. ^.^

Hey, good luck with the job hunt Rick. The place that ends up hiring you will be the real lucky ones ^_^.

Hey, good luck with the job hunt Rick. The place that ends up hiring you will be the real lucky ones ^_^.

Can I use you as a reference? :)

Bad idea, they would set you in fire if you mention the word "Stphrz"...

That's only for cooking schools!

Oh, yeah?! Well I follow the directions on the box! How do you like them apples? (Overused Cliche)

Oh, yeah?! Well I follow the directions on the box! How do you like them apples? (Overused Cliche)

There's directions on the box? :)

Why did this thread turn into a cooking contest?

*scratches head

(except the people who I've flamed on these forums and in #doom).

I'll need to get a li'l more used to your tendency to "flame" people, before I could start liking you like a friend (I'm saying 'liking' because I find it difficult to 'love' an avatar, I love my mum, though). Maybe you should flame me some more.

So far I respect you - that's all I can say :-).

Oh, and your story is very well-written and has inspired me (wonder if I'll ever manage to MAKE a fan fic?) a lot. I've never really liked the ridiculously big "heavy armor" concept a la Warhammer 40k, though, but that's just me...

The armor in this world isn't so huge as WH40K armor; it's more like the Space Marines' armor in Starcraft, or perhaps the MI in Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles, if you've seen that. It's slightly more sleek, less bulky, and a lot more manuverable.

The skids in this world were inspired by Wipeout. ^.^

The heavy combat armor that the non-power-armored ones wear (Kibur, Azazelle, Joey) is much like the familiar green armor that the Doomguy wears.

The armor in this world isn't so huge as WH40K armor; it's more like the Space Marines' armor in Starcraft, or perhaps the MI in Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles, if you've seen that. It's slightly more sleek, less bulky, and a lot more manuverable.

The skids in this world were inspired by Wipeout. ^.^

The heavy combat armor that the non-power-armored ones wear (Kibur, Azazelle, Joey) is much like the familiar green armor that the Doomguy wears.

- Ah, ok.
Personally I still think that the Starcraft marines' armour are too big 'n bulky.

But it's just my opinion (which I for some odd reason felt like presenting) AND it's your story, so my opinion doesn't matter.

Looking forward to next installment (take the time you need) :-)!

The armor in this world isn't so huge as WH40K armor;

On that note, I need to get me some terminator armor. I've had this thing for it ever since I downloaded the Q2 skin, long before I played WH40k.

DUDE

You need to go to polycount and grab the Q3A Ultramarine model I have. It's like 12000-polies, and if you have more than about four in a game with anything less than a Geforce 2 Ultra, then the game eats shit. But it's really awesome looking, and comes with a bolter model for the Machinegun!