Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Imps

Are the snake guys that replace the Imps going to be in the final version? For some reason they do not sit well with me, I personally think all the enemies should pretty much resemble the originals, since this is going to be a DOOM clone, also I think the quality could be better, no offence to who ever made them but...

Has anyone tried to get permission to use Enemies from HacX? It was never finished, so maybe would could use the enemies from it, for one that would save time, and for seconds it would definatly improve to Quality of FreeDOOM, which is a top priority if it is going to be shipping with Linux distros and the like. I mean how are you going to turn people onto DOOM, if all the enemies are gay and the weapons look like crap? I know DOOM does not have the best GFX in the 1st place but still, the Snake Men look bad, as do the shotguns from the last I have seen. Sorry, I just want this to be perfect! :) Ya I am asking a lot.

I'll try to find more time so I can contribute to the project as well, but atm I am working two jobs and have NO time. :/

I think the snake guys are better suited to hellknights. I know the frames don't work the same way, but if it started with a 3d rendering it wouldn't be hard to change it.

I think the cacodemon replacement is perfectly good though, and it's nothing like the original.

My point is, if we're going to keep the snake, we should make him less common. It doesn't look like joe average monster, it looks like a mini-boss.

Oh, and a couple of frame displacements need to be fixed. Warp to map13 and you'll notice it looks like they're flashing. They're supposed to be behind a two-sided wall, but one of their frames is too far to the right.