Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fezzador

Looking for an old Doom wad...

I can't remember what the name of it was, I played it probably 5-6 years ago. It's obviously a modified version of the Doom 2 engine (300% red armor, spectres that actually walk through walls, etc) but if anyone knows where I can get this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

I don't think that's it... I think the executable file was doom3.exe (of course it has nothing to do with the Doom 3 we all know and love!)

Umm, did you try playing D2Extreme? I got the impression that you've just checked the exe's name.

It has both features that you've mentioned. If you remember something about ridiculously rapid ssg/sg/chaingun fire then that's almost definitely it.

Kristian Ronge said:

Grazza's site offers a PWAD called "Doom 3".

This one is now in the archive, BTW. But it doesn't fit the description in any other way. (Unless the version I downloaded years ago was missing some resources for some reason, or a later version added this stuff.)

STRAIN has the red 300% armour, but no spectre (or any other monster) that can walk though walls. Deus Ex Machina and Wheel of Time both have a monster that can walk through walls, but it's not a spectre.

I imagine Belial is right.

IIRC, Mr. Smiley Heads Safari didn't have an ounce of gameplay related dehacked in it.

Edit: Bah. Except for the bosses health values and max ammo counts.

Belial said:

IIRC, Mr. Smiley Heads Safari didn't have an ounce of gameplay related dehacked in it.

I didn't mention DeHackEd, did I? I said "hacked exe", meaning a whole new program.

Was it Antichrist Doom (aka Antic)?
Partial TC for Doom II based on existing maps, made by KORR3D ?
The color red is everywhere on the maps but the sprites are mostly grey.