Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BattleCat

newest version of WadAuthor ?

Hi. I want to get into Zdoom scripting, which seems pretty straight forward being a C/PHP programmer already. I read a tutorial stating that WadAuthor has built in scripting. I found version 1.30 of WA, but it doesn't seem to have this function.

I used the zdoom.wcf config file, and that made it possible to enter arguments and whatever, for stuff in a map, but not enable me to write code.

I figured 1.30 was probably obsolete so i tried finding a newer version but couldnt. All URLs called "official WA site" were down.

Can anyone help ?

WadAuthor hasn't been updated for over 8 years. If you haven't done any editing before I strongly recommend to use a newer editor.

I've used Doombuilder for general mapping purposes lately, but it since the guide said the scripting feature was built in in WA, i thought i'd use that.
I was trying to avoid having to compile and insert into wads manually.

Crashes when i try and make a new map, and i did install both the GTK and the dll files.

I've now tried compiling my acs file to a .o file. Then i made a lump in my wad called BEHAVIOR and inserted the .o file into it, then ran the game and fired up the map. Nothing happened.

Not sure how i do it manually :(

Doom Builder's script editor is at least as good as the one in WadAuthor. Just for that there is really no need to get such an outdated piece of software that can't even handle some of ZDoom's advanced features that well.

You need to be making a map in Hexen format to be able to use ACS scripting. When you've got that, you can find the lumps available for manual (text) editing in the Scripts menu. Click it and the text editor appears. You may need to click the "Make Script" button in the center if the lump is still empty. Then type away. You can use CTRL+SPACE to finish a method name or to pop up the list of known methods.