Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
redmage125

question about Idoom

if I install Idoom on my Ipod nano, will it ruin my warranty? if so, I'll just wait until the warranty runs out before I install it.

Idoom, if I remember correctly, requires you to install iPod Linux, which does indeed void the warranty (at least, from what I can remember). I don't own an iPod myself so I couldn't tell for sure.

redmage125 said:
if I install Idoom on my Ipod nano, will it ruin my warranty? if so, I'll just wait until the warranty runs out before I install it.

I've installed linux and idoom on my mini before and restoring factory settings or updating the ipod (which clears anything not itunes) does whats its supposed to so I imagine you would still have your warranty as long as linux is not on there.
Basically you can install linux/idoom on your ipod, and if it screws up (follow the directions carefully, took me like 5 times to get it right), you can always just restore it back to normal.

is there a way I can use the full version instead?

I've managed to change the titlepic of the shareware to a custom one and have it show, but any other modification (while keeping it doom1.wad) stops it from loading.

I need help. the readme for ipod linux says that after you install ipod linux,copy podzilla and start file to root of ipod. how do i do this? I think I fucked up my ipod...