Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive uploaded a demo for napalm it features the first 2 Missions, a few things are due an overhaul like the weapons and ai code, this demo is jsut so people can see what the gameplay is about, ive had very good responce so far...

just remember that the maps are not quite complete yet aswell..

http://rapidshare.de/files/12562789/napdem21.rar.html

Just add doom2.wad then run napalm.wad and nlevels.wad.

You're doing a good job with level design and enemy placement so far, but the weapons do need a lot of work, and the sound effects are just awful. If you like, you could rip some of the weapons out of my own ww-opm.wad (Operation Mjolnir) which was intended to be Vietnam-era weapons. At the very least, the sound effects and animations would be of use to you.

Thanks WW for the feedback, did you find it hard to play or what, any other problems perfomance wise?

Btw i'll take up your offer for the weapon sounds thanks alot.

Hope you're planning on limiting the space to move, cos' the jungle borders phail it. You'll need to vary the terrain even more, adding some rocky walls, some more trees and bushes, some water springs and such.

But otherwise - quite good.

Thanks ellmo for the feedback, ive found some desent rock textures and more jungle scenery so i will be adding that soon. About the borders well im not sure what to do, solid walls are just blatant so i dunno atm, also how was performance?

It's not that clear in the starting map where to go. As a result, I ended up going into war without gun on my first play.

Once I played it for a second time, I enjoyed it, though the M-16's animations looks crap. Also, is there a reason why I lose my clip every time I reload?

Again, apart from these issues, nice work. :)

Cheers mate, im thinking of making a map or something of the base camp, alot of people seem to miss the weapons. With the m16 its a bug but then the weapons are getting an overhaul atm

- Get rid of the shrubs inside the base. They would clear that stuff out. Add some more height variation (perimeter walls, guard towers, etc) to make it feel more base-like.

- Too many 90 degree angles in the jungle. Remember the level with the forest from the Shadow Warrior demo? That was a pretty good forest for a sector based engine. Stay away from long, straight lines in an organic environment.

- Get rid of those purple pixels on one of the tree sprites.

- You can block off the edges of the map by simply making the foliage too thick to get through (ie, putting in tons of trees).

Liberation said:

About the borders well im not sure what to do, solid walls are just blatant so i dunno atm

Maybe they are blatant, but far more realistic than skyvoids. Try placing the action inside a rocky canyon. Just vary the heights of the canyon's edges, so you don't get flat vertical wall; add bushes and vines onto them. Should work.

also how was performance?

Dunno. I have a coputer that runs Doom3 with 60fps average, so I guess my opinion on performance here wouldn't count.

I can't download it! It keeps telling me the download session is invalid after I enter the letter and number code and hit download. I've tried both servers.

I gotta try this, as an EDGE aficionado I've been waiting to try this mod out!

Thanks guys for the feedback, ive noted all of it and it should help alot.

I dont understand why the download dosent work, ill upload a new version this weekend or something..

yes it is, you dont have download anything thou, just add doom2.wad to the folder and run the 2 wads, but the download dosent work atm...