Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Spadger

Problem with my first map.

It looks like that linedef is not assigned to the correct sector, or the sector you're in in that screenshot isn't closed.

Make sure that line where the upper and lower texture is supposed to be is assigned to the correct sector, and make sure its vertices are not sitting on top of another.

It worked, thanks! =D

EDIT: In case anybody wonders how i fixed it, i used the "Find map errors" tool and found out which vector who was causing problems, then i moved it to one place, and the back. It's fixed, though i don't know why. =)

I redone the door sector and it worked.

However, i now have a problem with the remote door part of the tutorial where i'm supposed to make a door open once i step up to it. However, nothing happens when i do it, and i'm sure i've followed all the instructions in the tutorial.

These screenshots could help.

http://www.badanka.com/upload/uploaded/stupidlinedefs1.JPG
http://www.badanka.com/upload/uploaded/stupidlinedefs2.JPG

Also, it seems that i can't align flats, and therefore, they look like this. :/

I would guess that line is too close to the door, so the player isn't actually crossing it.

Flats can't be aligned manually unless you're using ZDoom (possibly other ports too, I dunno). You have to keep the 64 unit grid in mind when making sectors.

david_a said:

I would guess that line is too close to the door, so the player isn't actually crossing it.

Nope, didn't work. :(

david_a said:

Flats can't be aligned manually unless you're using ZDoom (possibly other ports too, I dunno). You have to keep the 64 unit grid in mind when making sectors.

That worked however. Thanks. :>

If you delete a line splitting two sectors, those sectors will not automatically joined. To do this manually, select the two parts and hit Ctrl+J.

So you're saying i should join the door sector and the sector you have to step on? Because that made both sectors have the same height as the door, which is 0.

That should work. However, I've found that the new closed sector will take on the characteristics of the first section that you select when you join them. Of course, you could always adjust the height afterward.

I think i'm doing something wrong.

The door sector, which is the door itself, has a height of 0, like a door should. And then we have the sector around, consisting of two parts on each side of the door. The small one, when stepped on, should open the door sector.

This picture maybe could help.

Ok, first select the door sector, then select the lines on the left and right (which happen to be unclosed sectors themselves), and then hit Ctrl+J. That should close the door sector.

I can't think of any now. Maybe you could send it here and I'll try to find the problem.

Ok, I see the problem. The trigger line is too close to the door, which means you won't actually cross it before the door blocks you. You could move the door back 8 units and it will work.

Actually, I thought you were still having unclosed sector problems. I guess that's what happens when you're in a hurry, heheh.

Da Spadger said:

david_a said:

Nope, didn't work. :(

Ichor said:

The trigger line is too close to the door

:)