Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angus Thermopyle

Revolution! demos [-complevel 2]

Angus Thermopyle said:
Sometimes the mancubus opens the door, so at least 0:49 is possible. Kristian? Grazza? Your turn ;)

Heh, sorry, Jochen, I'm playing "Extremal Doom" ATM. But be sure I'm watching all the demos you guys record on TVR! Have fun! ;-D

Three (EDIT: Seven) demos today:
- Map02 UV -fast in 1:59
- Map10 UV -fast in 3:58
- Map10 UV Max in 3:53 (2nd try :)

EDIT: Improved Map10 UV Max to 3:42.

2nd EDIT:
- another Map10 UV Max demo in 3:33
- Map10 UV Speed in 0:56
- Map10 NM Speed in 0:57.

It's obvious that I'll try Map10 UV -fast again with the new route.
Perhaps tomorrow.

I did a first-exit 0:38 UV Speed on map12 (using a glide). I won't upload it right now, because it's kind of ugly and should be improved.

Regarding map10 Speed, I have an idea for skipping a linedef (by wobbling against a lost soul) and so keeping the exit accessible from the shaft. No luck with that though. One smaller improvement over the standard route should be possible at least: when emerging from the shaft, you can jump across some crates onto the walkway directly, rather than having to use the switch to lower it. This should save 2-3 seconds.

Well, it's still no oil painting, but I've knocked ten seconds off, and it's now pacifist (actually, staying pacifist is simply a route improvement), so here it is:
Map12 UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:28.
Could go somewhere under 0:20 with a smooth glide and a cooperative caco.

Grazza said:

One smaller improvement over the standard route should be possible at least: when emerging from the shaft, you can jump across some crates onto the walkway directly, rather than having to use the switch to lower it. This should save 2-3 seconds.

Thx, Grazza. I'm blind as ever, not seeing these shortcuts. With your help I needed only 10 attempts for an exit in 0:53. I'll try a better time.

Actually, I notice that Vile used a shortcut of that type in his 30tv3108.lmp, so the credit should go to him.

Ok, I just did it in 0:51. Vile did it in 0:50 in his movie. 0:4x is possible with this route.

EDIT: New time is 0:50.97. Nice decimals :) I touched a wall near the end, but I surely didn't lose almost a second there. Now it's time to improve the NM speedrun.

I used up all my luck with that run. More than an hour (and several hundreds attempts) ago I did NM Speed in 0:49.34. Ok, the decimals could be worse, but it's annoying though. I want a 0:48 at least. And with the door opened by the respawned shotgunner 0:45 seems possible.

EDIT: YAY! My luck is back: NM Speed in 0:48.97 :) Sadly the shotgunner respawned in the wrong moment, so he didn't open the door, on the other hand I had luck with him too - thx for his bad aiming ;)

I'll send this and the UV Speed to Doug.

The next 2 completed tyson runs are for maps 22 and 23 :)
I am fully satisfied getting 1st exits on these two maps.

More tysons? That's great :)

BTW, I improved Map10 UV -fast to 3:29.

EDIT: I did Map10 NM100S in 1:55. I've included a 2nd run in 2:06 following another route, and a bugdemo.

Ok, that's enough for this map. After several days with it I need a change. The UV Max should be improved though, perhaps another day ... or another player? ;)

I did Map25 UV Speed/Pacifist/Reality in 0:10.

I was wondering if it's possible to do a glide through four 32-unit gaps in a row. And it is :)
This is an ugly first exit. I was surprised that it works, so I've lost a few seconds in the end. 0:02 or 0:03 would be cool.

If you want to try it: good luck! And with NM Speed too. It's not my kind of runs, after an hour I'm tired of it.

Wow great, I tried this glide but without success, I thought its impossible.
Btw. I got 2 demos last night when I was drunk a bit, map07 speed in 0:25 and map29 tyson in 6:35. Damn, today morning I somehow can't beat that tyson run. :)

Angus Thermopyle said:

0:02 or 0:03 would be cool.

Indeed, but this is a step closer at least, and the method might be of interest (I do the glide backwards):
Map25 UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:07. Would have been cooler if I'd avoided any forward movement perhaps.

Regarding multiple glides generally, my experience is that once you've got through the first gap, the rest of the glides follow automatically as long as you don't change your angle (examples from my own demos: Equino-X E1M9 - equ9p110.lmp; Darkcvnt map10 - dc10p004.lmp). I wouldn't state that as a hard-and-fast rule though.

I made another tyson run, for map06 this time. In 6:52. I also improved my previous map29 tyson run.
Sent all that demos to Opulent