Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angus Thermopyle

Revolution! demos [-complevel 2]

I improved Map14 UV Max to 1:03 tv14-103.zip and was feeling well chuffed - but then noticed the earlier comments about getting the second secret. I'll try again to get a valid run.

Improved my map04 UV -fast to 3:05. Looks pretty good, save for a couple minor muck-ups. Could break 3:00 with enough attempts.

Sending to Ops now.

Angus: Gratulations!!!
I recorded a tyson for map13 in 8:42 :)
I also did a speed for map08 in 0:25 (new trick here! - glide again :)

I recorded that map14 fake max in 0:59, that was great route cack_handed, I would never say that below 1:00 run would be possible on this map, but it went and its still improvable.

I just improved that map14 regular maxkill to 1:09, well its crap, should go down to 1:05 or something. That secret is really not too hard to reach when you exactly now where it is.

Couple of new Map28 demos here.

First one is a UV-Max in 2:18, 17 seconds faster than the record in the demopack. Could still be improved a bit.

Next one made me say some rather unpleasant words...

Improved map28 UV -fast. I kept getting 2:13s and 2:14s rather often thanks to somehow totally screwing something up in the last area or some other area late in the level.

Then...I complete another attempt and see the new map28 UV -fast time...2:08. I was quite pleased to see that time :).

Everything went quite well here, so I'm going to call this my last UV -fast for this level.

Sending both demos to Ops.

Grats for both great times Anima! This map is yours :)
Btw. Anybody has an idea which undone tysons can be done? I just know map31 is possible but I haven't managed it yet.

Just wondering, but which levels are undone tyson style? I could always give a level a crack here.

While I'm at it, improved map28 UV-Max to 2:13. Had a minor hiccup early on and near the end at the YSK door, but otherwise a solid run. Happens to equal my old UV -fast time, so that has to mean something :).

Sending to Ops now.

Undone tyson maps are:
03 - The one but only problem is to kill one arachnotron in nukage
08 - Impossible IMO, no idea how to kill CGners around lowering lift
12 - Impossible
18 - I doubt it's possible to kill the spider
20 - Impossible
26 - Berserk just at the end of map, maybe it's doable I haven't tried
28 - Haven't tried yet
30 - Impossible
31 - Doable

Gusta said:

08 - Impossible IMO, no idea how to kill CGners around lowering lift

It's not necessary to kill all chaingunners while the lift is lowering, you only have to survive this. Take blue key and go to the next lift, enter the little hellknight niche and all sectors with chaingunners will rise. Open the secret doors, kill chaingunners. BTW, there's a berserk behind them counterclockwise.

I got map31 max in 2:17 but there are still a lots of parts which could be improved

UPDATE : 2:11 now

Just recorded a map08 UV-Tyson in 3:59. Still quite improvable, but this is the only exit I got. One attempt died out at the exit area (Damn CG'er >_<).

Also including a rather funny demo. I don't want to spoil it, but rest assured, I think it'll be worth a quick laugh. At least it was for me :).

Sending the demo to Ops now.

I recorded max for map24 in 1:18, hope it will go better.
Anima and Angus: great thanks for the hint about map08, I havent known that map so well. I hope if Anima will not mind if I try this map too.
Vince: maybe all of these players has WinXP and arent able to run vanilla doom2.exe. And compet-n would live if it would be normally updated as it used to be ... Dunno if Adam lost interest or something but his inactivity made rather losing interest about it.:(

Gusta: Feel free to give map08 UV-Tyson a crack. I won't mind :).

In the meantime, improved said map08 UV-Tyson to 3:42. I had a run in with ugliness at the 2nd Hell Knight and trying to hit one of the switches in the room with said HK. Everything else though went well overall. I even got the arach to do what I wanted it to, which is a plus.

Still, I'd say something around 3:35 or less should go on this level.

Will send to Ops now.