Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angus Thermopyle

Revolution! demos [-complevel 2]

Heh Angus send me pls your map05 demo and I will see what can I do with it :)
Map20 tyson: Hmm well but there is no bersetrk or saw, damnit. About hitting boss, I tried to hit romero head on map30, without success, then I visited him with IDCLIP and tried to shoot him there but it seemed I couldnt even hurt him with pistol, dont understand why...
Vince: Method dont have W98 anymore, but this week we are going to record some coop under prboom.

cack_handed said:

I don't use any keys at all for turning or strafing. I just hold down the right mouse button to strafe

That doesn't account for the strafe-50 - the set-up you describe should result in strafe-40. Are you using -turbo 200 as a way to get autorun, or something of that type?

You can get strafe50 with mousestrafing. If he is telling the truth, then I would expect to see some st50 mixed with various other speeds of strafing. Basically the faster you move the mouse, the faster you strafe, up to strafe 50 speed.

Grazza said:

That doesn't account for the strafe-50 - the set-up you describe should result in strafe-40. Are you using -turbo 200 as a way to get autorun, or something of that type?

Nope, no turbo switches or anything fancy like that. It's just a basic newbie-style setup (though I've been playing since ~1998) - I'm even still holding down two keys to run as I never seem to get round to changing. I've never been interested enough to take a look at the .LMP contents and was a bit surprised to hear I was actually getting strafe-50 - I've never been able to do any jumps that are described as s50 only.

Anima, well I tried map08 tyson run and got an exit in 3:24, but it's pretty horrible in some parts. Anyway I must say this was one of the easier ones in TVR! so thatks that you have shown how it could be done. I made some route tweaks of myself though.
All my latest demos will be sent to Doug ... soon :) well I am sorry I don't have Inet access at home now so I am a bit slower with sending my stuff.

Gusta's small lan end and here is a product :

--------=Coop=--------
Map01 - UV Max - 0:40
Map02 - UV Max - 1:11
Map11 - UV Max - 1:14
Map17 - UV Max - 1:46
Map22 - UV Max - 1:27
Map24 - UV Max - 0:56
Map27 - UV Max - 1:27
Map28 - UV Max - 2:19
Map29 - UV Max - 1:22
Map31 - UV Max - 1:30

Map03 - UV Speed - 0:15 (new trick)
Map19 - UV Speed - 1:09
------------------------
Get demopack here :

http://method.czweb.org/TVRcoop.zip

_MethoD_ said:

I'd wondered about somehow using that route in single-player, but decided that it needed more cooperation than I was ever going to get (thing-glide/monster boost?). But presumably it's not impossible.

_MethoD_ said:

Get demopack here

In case anyone else has problems downloading and opening this, I have put a copy here (I needed to run pkzipfix over it, but even now tc17m146.lmp won't decompress correctly - you can still watch this one using tc17g146 and F12 of course).

Grazza said:

I'd wondered about somehow using that route in single-player, but decided that it needed more cooperation than I was ever going to get (thing-glide/monster boost?). But presumably it's not impossible.

I tried in single player too...I think it's impossible coz on crate is too small place for run and there is a little camber.I am not sure if barrel glide could help...
Maybe if some sergeant shoot you :))

Btw. Thanks for .zip backup

BTW, these appear to be recorded with -longtics. (I haven't checked them all though.)

That means that they should play back with Doom2 1.91, Chocolate Doom, Prboom 2.2.6 and Prboom-plus, but not Doom2.exe. Or Doom-plus.

I haven't seen the map but if you're talking about a barrel glide or a seargent boost, may I suggest shooting the barrel and getting a boost from it?

Grazza said:

In case anyone else has problems downloading and opening this, I have put a copy here (I needed to run pkzipfix over it, but even now tc17m146.lmp won't decompress correctly - you can still watch this one using tc17g146 and F12 of course).

Maybe Method reuploaded it, but I don't seem to have problems with his file - which is a good thing, since some demos are missing from the fixed version. :)

JFYI.

Schneelocke said:

Maybe Method reuploaded it

Presumably he has (I was consistently getting a mangled 408kb file, even when using a download manager). Updated the one in sda/dwdemo.

Yes, that coop demos are all recorded with -longtics, I realized it just today ... Hope it does not matter so much.

xit-vono said:

I haven't seen the map but if you're talking about a barrel glide or a seargent boost, may I suggest shooting the barrel and getting a boost from it?

I tried it but i didn't realize it..

EDIT : I am surprised because i haven't reuploaded anything..

_MethoD_ said:

Gusta's small lan end and here is a product :

--------=Coop=--------
Map01 - UV Max - 0:40
Map02 - UV Max - 1:11
Map11 - UV Max - 1:14
Map17 - UV Max - 1:46
Map22 - UV Max - 1:27
Map24 - UV Max - 0:56
Map27 - UV Max - 1:27
Map28 - UV Max - 2:19
Map29 - UV Max - 1:22
Map31 - UV Max - 1:30

Map19 - UV Speed - 1:09
------------------------

Thx for the demos. Very nice :)
It seems that there aren't a lot of changes compared to single player: in your demos I've spotted only extra weapons on Map02 and a lack of cells in Map28. Hehe, Anima's maxrecord on this map is 6 seconds faster! Good job, though ;)
And great Map03 trick!

Angus Thermopyle said:

Anima's maxrecord on this map is 6 seconds faster!

Yea because in coop you can take plasma gun only for one time, but in single player it doesn't matter (you can take plasma for thousands times :))..On teleport to last room are plasma guns on so you don't have cells for BFG :(

I improved map14 regular maxdemo to 1:05. All my latest demos were sent to Doug just now.

I did 30tv3140 but i am sure time under 30 mins wouldn't be problem..I really screwed up map 20 where i lost 30 sec +-...Maps 25 and 26 weren't better (i can't remember optimal ways fot these maps..) However a lots of my tries finished in map03 :p

I don't use any glides or new tricks for run..You must be a big lucker to get most of new tricks in one run

Map10 UV Speed in 0:42.

It features a new trick (a thing-wobble) and atrocious play otherwise. Sorry about that. The trick should obviously save a lot more than eight seconds.

That was very cool trick, I thought about skipping the line too but haven't found the way myself. Well I can't say I understand how the trick exactly works :) but I did it 3 times of 3 tries (but maybe I just got luck.

Gusta said:

Well I can't say I understand how the trick exactly works :)

It's a weird one. My third from last paragraph in this post mentions this phenomenon:

MW11-036 is a weird demo that I still don't understand, but I manage to avoid triggering a linedef while wobbling up against a monster, so maybe it is related. (It could be more closely related to the E4M1 grab though - with quirks in the positioning system causing the engine to fail to see the player crossing the line.)

Checking my tv10 demo, I see that throughout the sequence I never moved more than 18 units in a single gametic, so I think it must be as I speculated (and not like a standard s50 linedef-skipping). That earlier demo I mentioned is here and is on Marswar.

Well, for this topic, I found on my 2nd HDD some old pacifist run on map14 in 0:27. Most probably it is improvable by many seconds.

Ok, i improved my 30tv run to 29:53..But it's still piece of crap (Gusta saw it, he can tell)..If i don't get time under 29,28 i won't upload it.

well I saw it and I can say it's really "crap" :) (it's amazing demo, really agressive speed through, just those mistakes in maps 15,18 and 26 shows that something around 29 mins is possible with perfect play)

I remember you said that you weren't using any of the new tricks in this 30tv run, but I'd suggest that the map26 glide is easy enough and saves enough time (even if it takes several attempts) to be worth including.