Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

E1M4 nomo in 0:11 (built)

Hello all,

I built the E1M4 nomo run in 0:11 tonight, and figured it might be of general interest? Now all we need is for someone to do it with monsters. ;-)

Built with LMPC 3.3.0. Demo is here.

Enjoy!

Haha, I like the ridiculously fast/perfect turns. Watching a built movie of a whole episode would probably make me dizzy.

exp(x) said:

Haha, I like the ridiculously fast/perfect turns. Watching a built movie of a whole episode would probably make me dizzy.

Didn't you watch Rambo_Bones' Doom 2: Episode 1 built speedrun? He did some cool "build-only" stuff in there like only aiming forward in gametics where he has to shoot an enemy and strafing in every other gametic to make it absolutely optimum.

That sounds interesting. Since Adam did 12.34 nomo without st50 it seems 11 would be very possible. Maybe even someone can do e1m4-011 in a real demo, but it would be very difficult. Have you considered a built demo of e2m2?

entryway said:
Smoother TAS demo:

Very nice, Andrey!! :-) I spent some time last night building an 0:11 with monsters, but now there's no need to upload it (it was also slower, 0:11.9x).

Xit: E2M2? You mean, do it in 0:13? As far as I'm concerned, it's already proven possible (Andrey's E2 TAS run completes E2M2 in 0:13.97).

Kristian Ronge said:

Xit: E2M2? You mean, do it in 0:13? As far as I'm concerned, it's already proven possible (Andrey's E2 TAS run completes E2M2 in 0:13.97).

May be 12? It is impossible.

I had forgotten that Andrey already did 13 there. I would expect 12 to be impossible anyways. I'm sure there are more possibilities for a good built run.

Nautilus said:

Speedrunning is serious business.

Hey, if it wasn't for their obsession, we would have never seen a map07 pacifist run. I don't where I'd be today without that.

ultdoomer said:

Didn't you watch Rambo_Bones' Doom 2: Episode 1 built speedrun? He did some cool "build-only" stuff in there like only aiming forward in gametics where he has to shoot an enemy and strafing in every other gametic to make it absolutely optimum.

No, I haven't seen that. Where can I find it? I don't really follow the speedrunning scene.

exp(x) said:

No, I haven't seen that. Where can I find it? I don't really follow the speedrunning scene.

See the thread "10uv0322 (Built)" in this forum.

Thanks, that was pretty intense. I still like watching non-TAS/non-built demos more, though. They don't give me as much of a headache.

Fredrik said:

Did you try watching it in PrBoom-plus with "smooth playing" enabled?

No because I couldn't get it to compile on linux.