Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Blood, and Counter Strike DOOM?

Hi, I'd like to know what happened with that in progress CT DOOM, I'm not talking about the now old weapon mod for Edge, the one I'm looking for it's for Zdoom and has new maps, textures from CT, and such. Also, what happened with that in progress Blood tc (DOOM with maps and graphics from Blood). Both looked sweet.

I couldn't be sure as this time I can't remember the author, but if you could give me a link I'd apreciate it very much, still if I'm not wrong your CounterDOOM it's a big weapon mod, the one I'm looking for I'm not sure the number of weapons, but the most atractive thing was the nice convertion of the textures and maps.

Might be you're after this:

"Title : Counter-Strike - S60.
Filename : CS01.wad
Author : sin <sinsin89@o2.pl>
Description : This is a recreation of de_dust from counter-strike 1.5. with few weapons and sounds"

Unfortunately I'm not sure where you could get it: I don't know if the author ever uploaded it or not.

Thanks that's what I'm looking for, I emailed the author, if he gives me a link I'll post it here, and if he send me the file/s and give me permission I'll upload it in rapidshare and put the link here too.

Thanks for posting, but the link doesn't seem to work, or may be it's me with my bad knowledge of German.

hm. talk to me on msn ;) it's same as my e-mail address... and btw. this site is in polish, not german! :)

I got it, sorry I don't want to upload it as it has all the resources of DOOM 2 (even maps), but some replaced with CS ones. I could remove all the DOOM 2 stuff, but I'm a bit lazy for that, and I think that's not my task to do that.
The wad has only one level with no exit, there are enemies that replace the three armed zombies (replaced with half life sprites), it's fun that's for sure, but can be completed in not too long. There are only four weapons (Knife, pistol, and two kind of machineguns), the sounds are well placed, but the graphics are quite harsh, the enemies have sprites like a 30% or 50% taller than the player (no new player sprites), they are tall and a bit thin, the textures give the proper CS look but they're also a bit harsh, all the new graphics (not only the new monsters) look like these of that old Half Life Tc for DOOM (not bad, but no where near as smooth as the DOOM sprites, and may annoy you in certain situations). I can't blame the author as it's very hard to convert 3d models into sprites and make them look smooth, and probably the pal used for textures doesn't convert well to DOOM.

It's not a bad mod, but it's not the mod you'd save in your hard drive for long.

If you're looking for realistic scenarios I recomend you to revisit the Twilight Warrior series.

i didn't made this mod as "total uber conversion". i made it for multiplayer purposes, deathmatch on n-gage via bluetooth is really fun! :)