Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Creatures

Any of my fellow doomers have any creature friends?
I have:

One hatchling Ball Python(also known as Royal Python in Europe)
One adolescent Common Snapping Turtle(in a 50 gallon tank)
One red billy slider, two mississippi map turtles(in a 60 gallon tank, all teenage water turtles)
Two chihuahuas
And one newly aquired 8 week old Great Dane

fun fun fun

I have a tortoiseshell cat. Technically it's my sister's, but I'm sure I'll be responsible for it soon.

I wanted a tarantula, so I started reading up on them. Turns out, there are some things about them (such as their aversity to being handled) which pretty much negate every reason I wanted to get one. I'm considering getting a python or a skunk instead.

I've had various cats, but one just died and another has been given to the "Animal Care".
The second cat was called Millie, and I've given it when my mother died. Sad story.

Danarchy said:

I have a couple cats...

I know that it's not what you'd suppose to hear from a Doom player, but:
Those cats are sweet.

I also do have a cat. It's my third cat already. First one got lost after living with us for more than four years. I hate to think what could have happened to him.
Second one was a total dumbass, and would bang his head against the window, even if a door nearby was open. This one followed my Granny and her dog (yes, the cat followed them, not the other way around) into the forset, from which he never came home. I just hope he found a warm place to stay and that somebody took care of this half-brained kitten we called Forrest for a reason.
The third one has been staying for about three years with us, and you might say he now runs the place. You'd really had to have your heart made of stone not to share your dinner with him.

Two Alsations Max and Jak. So far we've had five.
1)Thor, vicious attack dog. Unfortunately thanks to Dad's training, when we had to get rid of him he was rejected by the Army because he couldn't sustain a bite. He now works in a pub and has most likely been put down for frociously and bloodlessly attacking customers.
2)Sheba, the top half of her body was like Guv'ner Arnie's back in his Mr Universe days. This is mainly because her bottom half was like Steven Hawkins' in his Mr Universe days... or at least today. Hip Displacia. When we left Ireland she got a new family and made a dramatic recovery.
3)Jasper, the homosexual schitzophrenic, is currently being rogered daily by his great dame lover. He only lasted 26 hours, and we cracked open the champagne when we gave him back to his previous owner. We didn't charge.
4)Jak, so called because we thought she was a dog when we got her. She is elagent, dainty and a whiney little attention whore. She also humps Max.
5)Max, is regal, silly and very, very, very, very, veryveryveryvery heavy. He can make shoes appear in his mouth. And despite the fact that he will leap from any height and try to crush her with his awesome weight, he's still Jak's bitch.

Where I live right now I just have 2 dogs named Toby and Alexis and 2 tropical fish: an algae eater named Fred and another one with no name.

I've got:

3 Siamese Cats
3 Persians
1 Calico Cat
2 other cats that I'm not sure what kind they are

2 Poodles
1 English Setter
1 English Springer Spaniel
1 Dalmation
1 Boston Terrier
1 Cairn Terrier

I have too many pets, but that's what happens when your mother and sister work at a Pet Store.

Had a brown Dachschund named Piccolo (no DBZ reference). No idea where the poor thing is. Disappeared alluva sudden one day, something like 2 years ago.

@Technician-I also have a cactus. Has like 7 years now. Solid thing.

I had a mixed breed dog named sid (short for siddhartha) and a ball python named slash. my ex got them because I can't have a dog in my place and pythons are now illegal in NYC. I also had a chinese box turtle named gamera, but it died a few years ago.

Had a dog, I found it on the street wounded. We called it zombie bacause of how it survived being hit like that by a car. Lived for 3 years until his second and final death. (We buried it with a rock on top, just in case he wanted to return).

He was a nice, ugly dog.

I have a cat "Buster" his sister "Puff" just passed away last month at 10yrs. pretty strange as seeing you take there presence almost for granted after so long until there not in the picture any longer.

I too had a pet that recently passed. He was a ten year old chihuahua. We burried him in our backyard and planted a tree on top so we would never forget him and always know where he is. I thought this was a better idea than a little tombstone.

Had a cat until a few years ago.

Had even more junk back in elementary school. Some mice, rats and hamsters. We had an ant problem in the house too, but I don't count them.

I finally settled on a name for my puppy Great Dane(of the fawn variety by the way)....Baron. Seems like a good fit for this breed.

Two cats, one fully black, the other white apart from a few ginger spripey areas (tail, small patches on top of head, and little bits on legs).

Both are DSH. Black is a sleek build, while White is more the muscular type (relatively short limbs).

Black damaged one of his carpal pads a couple of years ago (at a time when there was a lot of ice about - perhaps he misjudged a jump), while White suffered a dislocated hip a few months ago (probably an argument with a vehicle, so he was quite lucky).

White is the "in everything, on everything", unpredictable type. Black is more a creature of habit, and generally "sensible".

In temperament, they're about as different as two cats could be, but they seem to have reached a slightly uneasy truce.

I would have a pet if it wasn't for the simple fact that I have no faith in that I would take care of it in a way that it deserves.

Well, I'm afraid I just lost another one of my pets. During the day, if it's nice out, I usually let my chihuahuas roam free in the backyard. They have plenty of soft cushioned spots to lay out of the sun, and they always have access to fresh cold water. Well, anyway, today my sister left them outside as she went to run some errands. This was around 10 am. I woke up around 1 pm, went outside to feed and walk Baron(my puppy Great Dane) and one of my chihuahuas was missing. Lola never escapes, the other one used to, but Lola is the one missing. As I'm walking Baron at the outermost edge of the yard, a hawk flys overhead extremely low. I have never seen a hawk fly so close to my yard before, and I've lived here for over five years. I doubt he was trying to get Baron, cause I was standing right next to him. I'm starting to think Lola was swiped by this same hawk, who I believe came back looking for the other chihuahua. I checked the entire yard for possible escape routes, there was none. And again, she never tried to escape before. I fear the worst. Now I'm kinda afraid to leave Baron outside unattended(he gets plenty of people time, don't worry!!), but he's a whole lot heavier then the chihuahuas(around 50 lbs)

My sympathies. At least it went out the natural way, rather than being hit by a car or something. And a bird of prey usually kills its target on impact, so it probably didn't suffer.

Well, I hope she didn't suffer. I'm starting to have visions of her high pitched whine as she's being eaten alive in the woods somewhere. Even though I'm pretty sure she didn't run off, I drove around the neighborhood and asked people if they've seen her, and no one has. Unfortunately, she didn't have her collar on at the time, so if she is roaming around the neighborhood no one would know how to contact me. And I highly doubt that this is the case, because Coco(the other chihuahua) has escaped the yard a couple of times, but she always came back waiting on my doorstep within an hour. It's been a few hours now, and no sign of Lola.

Don't give up just yet. A bird (other than a large bird of prey) lifting even a small dog completely out of a garden would surely be unusual, and is probably not the only possible explanation for the disappearance. I'd suggest continuing to ask around, maybe putting some leaflets through letterboxes, etc.

Quasar said:

Aww that's awful. You'd think a chihuahua could scare off a hawk, but who knows.

I had a chihuahua for 14 years (it died last year). The only thing my chihuahua could scare was itself and, for some strange reason, the Irish wolfhound that lives at the other end of the village.:/

Grazza said:

A bird (other than a large bird of prey) lifting even a small dog completely out of a garden would surely be unusual

Unusual, yes, because it would require an unusual set of circumstances to make it possible. However, sorry to say, a bird that could manage a rabbit (any decent-sized bird of prey) could easily cope with a chihuahua. I'd certainly say that was the case with my one, which was relatively large for a chihuahua - bigger than was acceptable for a show dog. Still smaller than any dog most people had seen though. The number of times I was asked how old the puppy was... :)

went through a few cats over the years, my last one just disappeared into the forest by our house 6 or 7 years ago, and a few year later my sister's got hit by a car backing into our driveway to turn around