Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Goriest/most disturbing scene in a movie

What's the goriest and/or most disturbing scene you've seen in a movie? And I'm not talking about "fun gore" like Dead Alive/Braindead and Kill Bill. (Sort of.) I'm talking about serious gore (like meant to scare or disturb) but it doesn't have to be realistic.

I've never seen either versions of The Blob, but the 1988 version appears to have some graphic deaths of people melting and imploding and stuff judging by some pictures I saw.

the scene in men behind the sun where victim is put in a pressure chamber and his intestine bursts out of his asshole.

Yeah, I'd put Event Horizon on the list too. I haven't yet managed to watch the whole movie without taking breaks or turning off the sound.

Alien* and The Thing are just right.

Cube also comes to mind...

The man trying to push his intestines back into his body in Dog Soldiers.

That, and Cube2: Hypercube, the movie was just messed up entirely.

Hellraiser has some disturbing gore, like when the monster get off the skin of that girl.
Doesn't show gore, but in Under Siege 2, where Ryback push one of the mercenaries off the train and he fall in front of it, you can see the guy still alive while the train moves pushing him as his stomach couldn't enter under the train inmedietly.

Ichor said:

Much of The Thing.

The Thing was on a channel last night and I happened to catch it when that dog has already become a Thing. Pretty fucked up looking.

The Thing (from '51) was somewhat effective when I saw it originally, but when I saw the new one, it felt more like entertainment (but that could have been me, as I saw the latter when I was older.)

Bad Taste was pretty gory.

Alien scared me when I saw it first, but I was small, and so did Raw Meat (also called Deathline), but in a different way because it was set in a mundane environment.

In general, movies with supernatural effects are never scary if they try to be "evil" (which kills spookiness, like in many western horror movies) but tend to hit the cord if theiy are just warped and insane (and both acting and the setting are imortant to that effect.)

event horizon is one of those movies that I really, really want to like, but every time I get into it some gross act of incompetancy on behalf of the studio / director makes me want to hate it again.

I dunno what the goriest scene in any movie I've seen is. I usualy try to avoid gore. The chest bursting scene in Alien was prety intense.

The most disturbing non-gory scene ever is definitely the cimax of Requiem for a Dream.

I like the more realistic senario gore like Saving Private Ryan, simply because it is so easy to maim or cripple yourself in real life without monsters... Look at the face transplant woman. All it takes is to fall a sleep in front of a hungry dog and BAMM! you're noseless.

the scene in the first "Hellraiser", when uncle Frank, saying "Jesus wept" slowly, is ripped to pieces with Pinhead's chains...

I've seen it numerous times; and even despite the movie being from eighties, it's still somewhat disturbing.

In the original version of The Shining, there's a part closer to the end when the young boy is running around the estate while frightened. I recall him running down a long hallway only to look into a room at the end of it, where one man in a suit sat on a bed and another man, wearing a bear suit, was on his knees fellating him.

Yeah, nice touch...but damn creepy/disturbing.

I would place the eye gouging scene from May pretty high up there. You know from the beginning that it's going to happen... but that doesn't make it any easier to watch.

Vegeta said:

Event Horizon it's like a TNT:Evilution movie for me.

I always figured Event Horizon was the closest thing to a Doom movie, and now that the Doom movie has come and passed, it still is.

It had good gore but I also liked Saving Private Ryan's, really good depiction of why war is hell.

I wouldn't say goriest, but I still think that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) is still pretty damn disturbing on whole.

Though that girl just wouldn't shut the fuck up, continipusly screaming for the last part of the movie.

Alien's chestburster scene is a classic, but I think the film (at least for me) has lost it's effectiveness. TCM I still think is an effective horror film as I believe it still manages to infect terror into the people.

or make you laugh, whatever, it's all good

Job said:

In the original version of The Shining, there's a part closer to the end when the young boy is running around the estate while frightened. I recall him running down a long hallway only to look into a room at the end of it, where one man in a suit sat on a bed and another man, wearing a bear suit, was on his knees fellating him.

Yeah, nice touch...but damn creepy/disturbing.

Actually, It was Wendy who saw the dog custom man, I think the scene your trying to refere to is when Danny seen the two twin girls at the end of the hallway.

Riki-OH AKA the Story of Ricky has to be the most moive gore ever made. I watched this movie about 4 days ago. I'll I could say after watching it was holy shit. Just when you think this moive cant get any more over the top it dose.

People heads exploding, Ricky punching his fist through a guys stomic are just some of the crazy crap that happen in this moive.

As for the most goriest scene. It has to be when Oscar cuts his stomach open and stragles Ricky with his own intestinal track.

Nightmare Doom said:

Almost every gore scene in Lucio Fulci's films including the Eye piercing scene from "Zombi 2 Flesh Eaters"

that was my pick to. zombie movies usually have some pretty sick gore in it, especially the italian ones. one of my favorites scenes on a zombie movie is in day of the dead. one of the asshole soldiers is getting ripped in half by a crap load of zombies and he lets out one of the sickest screams I've heard in movies.