Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #267

Deathz0r: I don't care that it was late. I care that you didn't even bother to test it, and review the WAD on it's merits. Instead, you classified it based soley on my mistake with the txt file, and technical problems with the ZIP. And as WW said, refusing to even link it was just childish.

I think, just from the couple of /newstuffs that I've seen you do, your reputation as an "asshole reviewer" does not come from being harsh or honest. It comes from being so influenced by other things that you don't even give anything a chance. Like Newstuff #260, IIRC: "Totally Sucks" and "Too Linear". That doesn't help the readers or the author at all. Niether does slamming a WAD simply because the TXT had a screw-up and the ZIP refused to compress properly.

This /newstuff was okay; you did a pretty good job on reviewing most of the WADs here, and gave them a fair rep. You can be a good reviewer. Yet that's what's pissing me off the most: Out of all the stuff in here, why was mine made out to be "teh eevil!!11one" because of an issue not even related to the content of the WAD? It's extremely slanted compared to everything else here, and makes me wonder if you have something aganst me.

Deathz0r is to doom editors, what that Simon dude on american Idol is to singers.

Eh last year (or two years ago now) I uploaded my CounterDoom, full of rips of CS 1.6. I said that anybody can use the rips because a) I didn't make the guns and b) I don't really care anyway.

Ugggh! I'm still having problems getting strife working and in GZDoom, none of the textures/models/anything doesn't work with this mod. I really wanna try it too.

Scopeless said:

Ugggh! I'm still having problems getting strife working and in GZDoom, none of the textures/models/anything doesn't work with this mod. I really wanna try it too.

Could you be a little more specific? What exactly are you using and what are you trying to do? This mod works fine if everything is set up properly.

Well in GZDoom, I'm getting a ton of missing textures and a bunch of exclaimation marks.

For Strife, I can't even get it to open. I put the directory into the doom directory, but do I need to move the contents of the directory and put them directly in to the doom directory?

HAahahahahah British english localisation pack. QUICKLY, create a new zealand, Australian and canadian edition! PRAISE THE S AND U!

and deathie, why do you have more than one fridge? are you storing for an epidemic or something? :P

Csonicgo said:

HAahahahahah British english localisation pack. QUICKLY, create a new zealand, Australian and canadian edition! PRAISE THE S AND U!

Ones for some of the British regional accents would be quite funny too.

Csonicgo said:

and deathie, why do you have more than one fridge? are you storing for an epidemic or something? :P

He's Australian. One for lager, and the other for ... well, beer, I suppose.

Scopeless said:

Well in GZDoom, I'm getting a ton of missing textures and a bunch of exclaimation marks.

For Strife, I can't even get it to open. I put the directory into the doom directory, but do I need to move the contents of the directory and put them directly in to the doom directory?

You need to have Strife1.wad in the same directory as the EXE and then select Strife from the menu. If you try to load it with some of the other games it won't be initialized properly. And of course you need the full version of the game. The demo won't do.

Grazza said:

He's Australian. One for lager, and the other for ... well, beer, I suppose.

Close enough. Seeing two fridges in an Australian house is definitely not uncommon.

Graf Zahl said:

You need to have Strife1.wad in the same directory as the EXE and then select Strife from the menu. If you try to load it with some of the other games it won't be initialized properly. And of course you need the full version of the game. The demo won't do.

I ran it from the Doom2 directory with -iwad strife1.wad and it worked fine.

deathz0r said:

Close enough. Seeing two fridges in an Australian house is definitely not uncommon.

I have a fridge for beer and a fridge for uh, everything else. :P