Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

<-- Yeah, WTF?

It was probably a small round like .22LR or .38, if it was .45 ACP, she wouldn't have known she got shot in the chest either, she'd probably just have died.

Small round not neccessarily mean smaller and less hurting wounds. But yeah, ACP or a magnum slug would definitely stop her from dancing.

Anyway, how the hell did she manage to get shot at the party, without anyone noticing anything?

Scuba Steve said:

This is actually quite common... many accounts of being shot are simply "I felt a pinch" or "a tug".

But that means that she, and everybody else, absolutely positively didn't notice a shooting man in the club.

The DOOM marine gets shot all the time and it doesn't seem like its much of a problem for him, at least single bullets generally aren't. So then yeah, this must be true.

Sure... I could imagine, say, a .22 in this case. Hardly enough weight to penetrate even muscle. Maybe higher, if a grazing shot (although that tends to leave a bigger mark). Without the characteristic internal damage of your workaday bullet holes, it probably feels more like an elbow nudge.

It could have come through the ceiling. Lots of people die from being hit by bullets fired into the air by people every year. What goes up must come down, dumbshits.

She's a Terminator, can't you see! I wouldn't be surprised if someone tells that she said "I'll be back" when she left the party.

Danarchy said:

It could have come through the ceiling. Lots of people die from being hit by bullets fired into the air by people every year.

That might also explain why nobody heard the shot and why the dancer barely noticed it. I mean, the round would have lost momentum and speed, but have just enough to penetrate her chest. Random, but there was an episode of CSI where someone died like that, because some dummy was firing a gun up in the air in his backyard.

baronofhell said:

Maybe the gunman had a silencer.

Another common misperception, a silencer just muffles a gunshot sound a bit, and largely conceals the flash. You'd still probably jump at the sound of a silencer and go JESUS, what was that!? It does a tremendous job limitign the sound of a gunshot, but not movie like.

Scuba Steve is obviously dead wrong. Gunshots are actually quite gentle to the ears, even without a silencer. According to Pulp Fiction, you can shoot a guy in an enclosed vehicle, without a silencer, and then have enough hearing to argue with the driver.

Yes, and it's no problem being in an elevator when someone is firing repeatedly with a 10-gauge shotgun like in T2. Obviously Linda Hamilton faked her real-life partial deafness due to forgetting to insert earplugs for that scene; it's all a conspiracy!!

Scuba Steve said:

Another common misperception, a silencer just muffles a gunshot sound a bit, and largely conceals the flash. You'd still probably jump at the sound of a silencer and go JESUS, what was that!? It does a tremendous job limitign the sound of a gunshot, but not movie like.

Unless the weapon is internally surpressed and fires subsonic ammunition, heh. But I sincerely doubt someone spent >10.000$ on a PSG-1 to smite a dancing bimbo.

^lolz

A silenced weapon going off in a club playing loud music will not be heard, unless you were paying attention. This person was most likely wasted and on cloud nine, but it is weird for her to not even feel it. I've been to a few clubs in my life and I can't even hear myself talk.

I guess it makes sense. Loud music prevents the victim from hearing it, and the numbing effect of alcohol prevents her from feeling it.

GoatLord said:

I dunno, even when I've been drunk and/or high I still feel pain pretty easily.

Well, if you had been dancing a few minutes after you sniffed a 3 feet long white path, and added some falvour with a few leaves of acid - you wouldn't.

People have been know to be shot in the arm or leg, not noticing until somebody points it out to them, Something to do with suddenly cutting the nerves, of course it hurts like hell later on. I think she was doing something embarassing at the party and won't tell the Doctor what really happened. "Lol! I bet I can catch a bullet with my hands before it hits me!........... For fuck's sake, David, I wasn't ready!"

Perhaps she was stoned enough not to notice. That and iron condition.